News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

#TheGame23 Mod 42.5

Started by Timóteo Pinto, July 19, 2018, 10:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timóteo Pinto

Twitter

The world is a stage. Write your own script.

chaotic neutral observer

Somewhat of the preceding post is, I think, worth comment.  However, presenting the text as a set of rendered jpegs makes selective quoting impossible without retyping, which, frankly, I can't be arsed to do.

Casting your words in stone, so to speak, gives the impression that you view yourself as a High Priest, whose words are not to be questioned.  I do not know if that is your intent, or if this is simply a technical oversight on your part.  I suspect the latter, but the effect is similar.

Fortunately, this forum provides a convenient shorthand for my intended response, which obviates the need for contextual quotation.
:barstool:
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Timóteo Pinto

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 17, 2020, 04:11:36 PM
Somewhat of the preceding post is, I think, worth comment.  However, presenting the text as a set of rendered jpegs makes selective quoting impossible without retyping, which, frankly, I can't be arsed to do.

Casting your words in stone, so to speak, gives the impression that you view yourself as a High Priest, whose words are not to be questioned.  I do not know if that is your intent, or if this is simply a technical oversight on your part.  I suspect the latter, but the effect is similar.

Fortunately, this forum provides a convenient shorthand for my intended response, which obviates the need for contextual quotation.
:barstool:

Ok, Supreme Pope, I will never commit this horrible sin here again, a thousand apologies for such a horrible failure on my part.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Timóteo Pinto on September 17, 2020, 09:02:09 PM
Ok, Supreme Pope, I will never commit this horrible sin here again, a thousand apologies for such a horrible failure on my part.
But is your repentance genuine?

In your own words, what is this "horrible sin" you believe you have committed?

How would you do things differently next time?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 17, 2020, 11:01:28 PM

Be polite.  He's the pope.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2020, 04:07:08 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 17, 2020, 11:01:28 PM

Be polite.  He's the pope.

I get that this is bring-and-brag, and I'm supposed to be quietly appreciative?  But I get twitchy when people start suggesting things like "consciousness creates reality."

altered

I'm personally kind of a fan of Mr. Pinto's.

Problem here is you're looking at it from a quantum woo woo perspective, not a High Strangeness, OMF perspective.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

minuspace

I don't know... he doesn't answer his voicemails and seems to have a rather blunt understanding of ludic principles and fallacies.

Timóteo Pinto

Quote from: minuspace on September 18, 2020, 05:14:40 PMhe doesn't answer his voicemails

ahn?? is this to me? i rarely use phones. Or maybe you are talking about the owner of the text. Because I think it was not clear to some that I am not the author of this text, it is from Nick Hinton. For those who don´t know him, he became somewhat famous on the interwebs for be one of the creators of the Randonautica App.

Wow, you guys really got a problem with quantum woo woo. Ok, noted, no more quantum woo woo on this topic!  :)

altered

To be fair, you can't really blame us. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quantum_woo It's actively dangerous and has been used to scam vulnerable people.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

minuspace

Quote from: Timóteo Pinto on September 18, 2020, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: minuspace on September 18, 2020, 05:14:40 PMhe doesn't answer his voicemails

ahn?? is this to me? i rarely use phones. Or maybe you are talking about the owner of the text. Because I think it was not clear to some that I am not the author of this text, it is from Nick Hinton. For those who don´t know him, he became somewhat famous on the interwebs for be one of the creators of the Randonautica App.

Wow, you guys really got a problem with quantum woo woo. Ok, noted, no more quantum woo woo on this topic!  :)

God dainty I just cant keep proper names in order.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on September 18, 2020, 05:54:53 AM
I'm personally kind of a fan of Mr. Pinto's.

Problem here is you're looking at it from a quantum woo woo perspective, not a High Strangeness, OMF perspective.

Same.  Pinto is good people.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Timóteo Pinto on September 18, 2020, 08:40:51 PM

Pinto, you write what you want to write.  Your stuff is interesting, and you don't spam it all over the board.

We have several members like you.  Sepia has been around almost since the beginning.  He comes in, writes a page of weird-but-cool prose, and then vanishes again.
Molon Lube

Timóteo Pinto

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 19, 2020, 07:43:12 AM

Pinto, you write what you want to write.  Your stuff is interesting, and you don't spam it all over the board.

We have several members like you.  Sepia has been around almost since the beginning.  He comes in, writes a page of weird-but-cool prose, and then vanishes again.

Sorry for not stick around here too much. I´m kind of too weird for normal social interactions. That´s why all this weirdness of #thegame23 stuff is what cheers me up the most to present something out there, specially for discordians. Even if many of them haven't been paying much attention to this crazy thing. Maybe it's too crazy, even for discordians. The only discordians who have paid some attention and contributed to the project are the Aktion 23 cabal from Germany and the artist Rubén Cárdenas from Spain.