News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Profundity is comedy, comedy is profundity

Started by THE QLIPHITISER, August 06, 2018, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE QLIPHITISER

All jokes reveal a serious upside, all serious pronouncements reveal an ironic humor (even if it is unknown to the speaker).

Don't get all Freudian on this post though, I didn't make this thread because of anxiety over sexual inadequacy in bed.......or did I? probably yes and no.
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Con-troll

So all the times I tried to sound profund, I could've just been funny. So much wasted thoughts.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

hooplala

Quote from: THE QLIPHITISER on August 06, 2018, 11:28:36 AM
All jokes reveal a serious upside, all serious pronouncements reveal an ironic humor (even if it is unknown to the speaker).

Don't get all Freudian on this post though, I didn't make this thread because of anxiety over sexual inadequacy in bed.......or did I? probably yes and no.

Yeah... and?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

THE QLIPHITISER

Quote from: Hoopla on August 17, 2018, 04:27:44 PM

Yeah... and?

Don't tell my wife
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

minuspace

Quote from: THE QLIPHITISER on August 24, 2018, 09:54:36 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on August 17, 2018, 04:27:44 PM

Yeah... and?

Don't tell my wife

What's it to her?

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I was just thinking about how Jackass might be seen as Dadaist art; They had a bungee toilet, a man flying a kite with his ass, and a little person tethered to a big fat guy diving into a river.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

minuspace

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on September 04, 2018, 03:11:31 AM
I was just thinking about how Jackass might be seen as Dadaist art; They had a bungee toilet, a man flying a kite with his ass, and a little person tethered to a big fat guy diving into a river.
The fact that I like the interpretation despite the violence it does to my personal impression of the show, that's saying something.

Smillsoid

All humour is a way of dispelling the fear/threat of DEATH.
Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Smillsoid on September 30, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
All humour is a way of dispelling the fear/threat of DEATH.

All absolute statements are dildos.
Molon Lube

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The Late Joe Cosby once said "You make up the most insane joke you can possibly come up with based on events around you. Then tomorrow you look in the paper and find out you weren't joking." 

If you still laugh, you're a Discordian.  If you laugh and get pissed off at the same time, you're a Subgenius.  If you stop making jokes, you're a Pastafarian (bonus Pastafarian points if you also work in something to do with Adam Smith and/or Ayn Rand).
Molon Lube

Smillsoid

The point I was making is that comedy is deadly serious.
Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman