News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Names, Dead and Living

Started by QueenThera, August 09, 2018, 04:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenThera

I was born into judgment, to be a judge raised. Feeling God's bright eyes watching everything I do.

God judges me.

I was a judge of those around me, scorning and accepting based on simple forms.

God accepted me.

But not really.

How could he? I was weak. Every night I broke out in passion and desperation, I lusted after the female form

And

Found someone there.

Someone else sitting in the shadows, outside the light of God. I only saw her by the moonglow grin of her mouth. Its phases shifted as she whispered to me..

Who are you, really?

I broke. One day the contents spilled out on the floor entirely. All the justice and nobility and gentility. I saw love. I could do no less than break for it.

I craved love. I was empty now with a hole in me. I found a woman who touched me and whispered sweet things to me. She gained promises from me, and gained control over me. I loved her with the nothing in me, and I found... Nothing in her but hunger.

Once again the moon mouth crooned. Out of the night sky, among singing stars.

Who are you, dear?

I cried and sobbed. Afraid of the shards of me. They trailed behind me in beautiful forms. I held them all to my chest and shivered. I wanted...I wanted...

I wanted my real name. My real shape. My real soul.

I looked up to the sky, and reached towards her. Her hand took mine, and took me away.

I looked at her and said,

I am an island

And the constellation woman laughed and smiled with teeth gapped by craters.

And we danced, untamed. Unheeding of judgment. To the song of the sirens who drew men to their deaths.

But not I.

https://toothsome-chants.tumblr.com/post/174005348872/names-dead-and-living
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

minuspace

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

minuspace

QueenThera

Thank you. I know it's rough, but... It does seem to be pretty good, so I wanted to share it with y'all.

I'm open to feedback on how to make it better. (I also wish I fucking knew what precise cocktail of events allowed me to just WRITE this. It wasn't Boiling Self Loathing like other poems, or Caffeine (precisely).)
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

minuspace

Quote from: QueenThera on August 10, 2018, 02:19:45 AM
Thank you. I know it's rough, but... [...]
please allow me to qualify my previous statement re: uncut diamonds. It was more a response to, "Out of the night sky, among the singing stars." The image I had was of the star 'vocalizing' pure (uncut) diamonds. Revise nothing!