News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

The Age of Eris

Started by hooplala, August 21, 2018, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

That's worse than I expected.  Thank you for telling me.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 26, 2018, 03:39:14 AM
That's worse than I expected.  Thank you for telling me.

There is nothing really more dismal than watching rationalists wrap a religion around their necks until they choke.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Thankfully, I have no idea what this is about. It makes me feel so much better.

hooplala

Garbo mostly, if memory serves. Howl can correct me if I am mistaken.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 26, 2018, 04:25:36 PM
Garbo mostly, if memory serves. Howl can correct me if I am mistaken.

That was the start.  I am referring to the entire mess later on with Nigel, Freeky, et al.

I mean, the Garbo one just ended so hilariously that it tends to stick in the mind.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Right.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

EK WAFFLR

Yeah that was a god damn shitshow. I don't even have any decent (or terrible) jokes about it.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Well, Mr SmartyPants, I've been recharging both my batteries: the Big Gay, and the Cowboy.

Put that in your vape and smoke it.

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2018, 08:10:04 PM
Who among us has never disabled the search function?  Who among us has never watched in giddy schadenfreude as people spent 4-5 hours sifting through the sewer that is Apple Talk, looking for a lost gem?  You want to just bring it up as a topic; you cannot.  You can only click past RWN drug threads and the Ghost of Pinealism Past.  You can only seethe in impotent hatred as the grinning Irish bastard chortles and archives everything that matches your search terms.

Dammit how did you know that one in ten times, searching for a specific term moves the threads you were looking for into an archive server, and that server itself gets archived into a slow moving river.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Well, it's right in the specs, you know.  Page 11,117,856, paragraph twenty, lines 8-13.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on August 27, 2018, 02:15:00 PM
Well, Mr SmartyPants, I've been recharging both my batteries: the Big Gay, and the Cowboy.

Also please post the "LMNO HAS NO USE FOR GRAVITY" clip, pls.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on August 27, 2018, 04:11:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2018, 08:10:04 PM
Who among us has never disabled the search function?  Who among us has never watched in giddy schadenfreude as people spent 4-5 hours sifting through the sewer that is Apple Talk, looking for a lost gem?  You want to just bring it up as a topic; you cannot.  You can only click past RWN drug threads and the Ghost of Pinealism Past.  You can only seethe in impotent hatred as the grinning Irish bastard chortles and archives everything that matches your search terms.

Dammit how did you know that one in ten times, searching for a specific term moves the threads you were looking for into an archive server, and that server itself gets archived into a slow moving river.

Which is then locked in the basement.  Of the Alamo.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2018, 06:24:58 PM

Can the "attachments" function support short video clips?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on August 27, 2018, 07:00:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2018, 06:24:58 PM

Can the "attachments" function support short video clips?

Faust? 

This really should be preserved for posterior.

Yeah, I said posterior.  You'll understand when you see the clip.
Molon Lube

LMNO

TBH, I took the full blow right between the shoulder blades.