News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

The Age of Eris

Started by hooplala, August 21, 2018, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2018, 09:00:52 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on August 23, 2018, 08:59:46 PM
Yeah I hope to get there soon. Maybe this appointment this afternoon will change my life. Maybe not.

If not, then grab your shit and significant others and head down here.  We'll fix you proper.

Deal.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 23, 2018, 09:01:16 PM
Yeah I hope to get there soon. Maybe this appointment this afternoon will change my life. Maybe not.

If not, then grab your shit and significant others and head down here.  We'll fix you proper.

Deal.

If you hurry you can still enjoy the end of the monsoon season.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2018, 09:03:19 PM

Deal.

I thought it never rained in Tucson.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 23, 2018, 09:31:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2018, 09:03:19 PM

Deal.

I thought it never rained in Tucson.

Ho ho ho!  :lulz:

It never rains until mid-July, then the sky turns black and swirls around like that one scene in Ghostbusters and then lighting kills anything standing outside and then the torrential downpours.  And there's no ground cover, so all the water stays on the surface and moves in one direction and everyone dies.
Molon Lube

hooplala

That sounds... very... Tucson.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 23, 2018, 10:10:06 PM

Yes.  It is to teach us not to ask the gods for anything, because they will fuck around and give it to you.  Good & hard.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2018, 10:21:59 PM

Yes.  It is to teach us not to ask the gods for anything, because they will fuck around and give it to you.  Good & hard.

I learned that the hard way when I prayed for Roseanne to return.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 23, 2018, 10:27:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2018, 10:21:59 PM

I learned that the hard way when I prayed for Roseanne to return.

:crankey:
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I'm glad to hear you're not feeling MAD anymore Dok, that must be ... relatively pleasant? I find being mad saps a lot of my energy. There's a personal freedom attained by letting go.

minuspace

Quote from: Cramulus on August 24, 2018, 01:50:52 PM
I'm glad to hear you're not feeling MAD anymore Dok, that must be ... relatively pleasant? I find being mad saps a lot of my energy. There's a personal freedom attained by letting go.
Dok is not mad like that, it's the shit people try and get away with :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 24, 2018, 01:50:52 PM

It's like waking up without the mange.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

As for the OP, all I can say is that Discordianism has been a part of our anti-Machine™  traditions for many years. Many people, day in and day out, pay ECH religiously. Do they really know what they are funding? During a recent study of Discordianism done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts. First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently, the religion has changed their name? Discordianism has become PeeDeeDotCom. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "DEFF CULT" issue and weird Irish zoning laws. It's not. The reason why they call it PeeDeeDotCom is because they cannot use the word "Discordian" anymore. Why? PeeDeeDotCom does not use real Discordians. They actually use hypnotically manipulated humans. These so called "Discordians" are kept paying by Hoopla pumping slogans into their thoughts to pump ads and bullshit throughout their structure. They have no guts, no courage, and NO SENSE. Their brain structure is dramatically shrunk to get more money out of them. This is great for PeeDeeDotCom because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more WOMPING of the Grams or the Taking of the Piss. They do not say Discordianism anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to their commercials, I guarantee you will not see or hear the word Discordian. I find this matter to be very disturbing. I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also:

"Discordia attracts such weird characters. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a minority because I don't have some kind of obvious derangement."
- Professor Cramulus shaming himself FOREVER, April 9th, 2009
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And then there's THIS FUCKING GUY:

"If Picasso was such hot stuff, he wouldn't have had to cut his ear off to get famous."
- Baron Von Hoopla critiquing the Mona Lisa, 2007
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

"In a clearing stands a SPAG and a professor by his trade,
And he carries the reminders
Of every WOMP that laid him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his WRATH and his shame
"I am flouncing, I am leaving"
But the professor still remains, mmm mmm
Molon Lube