News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2018 Midterm Thread.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 28, 2018, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I think what puzzles me the most is that they used a Can song.  I mean, that's pretty obscure, plus their lead singers were a black man and a Japanese man.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on November 12, 2018, 06:45:26 PM
I think what puzzles me the most is that they used a Can song.  I mean, that's pretty obscure, plus their lead singers were a black man and a Japanese man.

I think they rather get a charge out of that very thing.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Ok, I did some searching, it apparently was covered by a lot of people, as recently as 1998.  That would increase the odds of someone knowing it.

Plus, the lyrics didn't age that well.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on November 28, 2018, 05:56:10 PM
Stay classy Mississippi.

Oh, they did. 

Fun fact:  Medgar Evers' brother voted for Hyde.
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 28, 2018, 06:21:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 28, 2018, 06:17:06 PM
Stay classy Mississippi.

Oh, they did. 

You mean this brother of Medgar Evers?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clarionledger.com/amp/81311762

That's the guy.

And then he supported Hyde, who had just the week before made a very public lynching joke.  Just imagine, shitting on your own brother's grave.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 28, 2018, 10:05:37 PM
Quote from: nullified on November 28, 2018, 06:21:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 28, 2018, 06:17:06 PM
Stay classy Mississippi.

Oh, they did. 

You mean this brother of Medgar Evers?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clarionledger.com/amp/81311762

That's the guy.

And then he supported Hyde, who had just the week before made a very public lynching joke.  Just imagine, shitting on your own brother's grave.

He was apparently himself a pretty decent civil rights activist type back then, according to what a quick google tells me. So he's also shitting on his own legacy. Thoroughly unpleasant person it seems.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Can someone explain the power grab in wisconson to me?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

1. Wisconsin used to have a GOP majority.  They did their level best to set up unbreakable gerrymanders.
2. A democrat won the Governor's seat.
3. There is a month-plus wait for the new Governor to be sworn in.
4. In that interim, the existing GOP-led state legislature is trying to push through new rules and laws stripping the Governor of some of his powers.

Faust

Fucking hell, can that be blocked or undone once the governor takes his seat?

LMNO

It's not clear if the new incoming legislature would have the votes needed to overturn the rule change.

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on December 04, 2018, 04:36:58 PM
It's not clear if the new incoming legislature would have the votes needed to overturn the rule change.
So basically they lose the seat so they gimp the position until they win it back and then restore the power? I've never seen this kind of thing done so openly, are they desperate or do they just not care. Has trump normalised this kind of behavior?