News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

The Goddess hereby decrees that everyone strip to the broadway musical, Cats

Started by Capeditiea, September 05, 2018, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 10, 2018, 02:13:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 06:08:21 AM
Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 06, 2018, 11:30:20 PM
Way to bring me back to youthful times there, Dok. Robbie Williams?

:crankey:

I'm not that much younger than you. What's 10 or thereabouts years at this age?

It's the difference between always knowing where a bathroom is and saying fuck it and wearing depends.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 06:14:15 AM
Canadians are a a sack of bastards.
You're just jealous that everybody likes us better than you, now.  Well, except for a couple places like Saudi Arabia that don't matter anyway.

Sometimes they Harper, and he spends 3 years burning libraries (not kidding, look it up).
Harper muzzled scientists, too, in case scientific truth wasn't in line with political truth (mostly regarding climate change).

In the wilderness it's way worse.  Every year they have the Jack London Games, where everyone races out onto thin ice on some lake in the Yukon.  First one to fall in and drown wins the gold.  They do this for FUN.  The runners-up then go accidentally shoot American hunters.  But they say sorry, which is polite, at least.
Our provincial sport is screaming and throwing rocks at people.  Every town larger than three people has an arena for this purpose.  It's hard to get kids interested in it, though, they find it boring.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 06:14:15 AM
Quote from: Capeditiea on September 05, 2018, 11:00:30 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 05, 2018, 10:57:45 PM
Quote from: Capeditiea on September 05, 2018, 10:49:56 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 05, 2018, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: Capeditiea on September 05, 2018, 10:41:02 PM

:O what country are you in?

We used to call it Canada.

:O what is it called now?

It's still called Canada.

But we used to call it that too.

*nods, is it true Canadaians are nice people?

Canadians are a a sack of bastards.  They Tim Horton's and they bagged milk and they Doug Ford just when you thought they had sobered up.  Sometimes they Harper, and he spends 3 years burning libraries (not kidding, look it up).

They built the CN Tower because they knew it would be impossible to demolish. Fact.  One day it will simply fall over and crush Pickering.  The bathroom vents to atmosphere and soaks Markham Road in a drizzle of the kind of shit that salt & vinegar chips produces.

Okay, that last one is funny.  But STILL, that's just the shit they do in their one city.  In the wilderness it's way worse.  Every year they have the Jack London Games, where everyone races out onto thin ice on some lake in the Yukon.  First one to fall in and drown wins the gold.  They do this for FUN.  The runners-up then go accidentally shoot American hunters.  But they say sorry, which is polite, at least.

See? We're polite, goddamit.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 11, 2018, 12:32:32 AM

Harper muzzled scientists, too, in case scientific truth wasn't in line with political truth (mostly regarding climate change).

The libraries he burned were the fisheries library, including 8 years of my father's work.  The records burned go back all the way to the 1850 Challenger Expedition.

The reason they were burned, of course, was to deny climate scientists a basis for comparison.

Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 07:09:28 PM

It's the difference between always knowing where a bathroom is and saying fuck it and wearing depends.

Alright. I'll give you that.
I just let it go on the streets.

And all them goddamn meds. I dunno if it's because of the life I've led, but I need exogenous hormones to function. It sucks.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 12, 2018, 10:51:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 07:09:28 PM

Alright. I'll give you that.
I just let it go on the streets.

And all them goddamn meds. I dunno if it's because of the life I've led, but I need exogenous hormones to function. It sucks.

I was angry because I didn't have enough benzodiazepine, until I met a man who had no enzymes.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

My only positive with this is that I can take more of the stuff I need and feel even better.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 12, 2018, 11:33:36 PM
My only positive with this is that I can take more of the stuff I need and feel even better.

Same.  I JUST TAKE MORE AND THEN YARBALARBLARABLE  :lulz:

Seriously, though, you're hardly the only person who has to tune their body chemistry.  It could be way worse. 
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 12, 2018, 11:52:32 PM
Point of Oder: Why is this stickied?

Unsure.  Random things have been stickied and unstickied recently.  Faust is probably monkeying with the laws of nature again.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2018, 11:36:29 PM
Quote from: EK WAFFLR on September 12, 2018, 11:33:36 PM

Same.  I JUST TAKE MORE AND THEN YARBALARBLARABLE  :lulz:

Seriously, though, you're hardly the only person who has to tune their body chemistry.  It could be way worse.

Oh, I know. A buddy of mine has to take around twenty pills and a couple of shots every day.

[/b]

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2018, 01:24:13 AM

Unsure.  Random things have been stickied and unstickied recently.  Faust is probably monkeying with the laws of nature again.

Great.  I just got my ascot back from the dry cleaners', too.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 13, 2018, 12:56:54 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2018, 01:24:13 AM

Great.  I just got my ascot back from the dry cleaners', too.

:lulz:

I did a bit of maintenance, board-wide.  Unstickied everything that was older than 2015, except for the stuff that has always been stickied.

I am like the anti-you.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 13, 2018, 07:34:15 PM
I'm never gonna live that one down.

:lulz:

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, but I remember every single cringe moment on this board.
Molon Lube