News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

PD experiences

Started by Capeditiea, September 07, 2018, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Is this the FB discordianism I've heard of?
Formerly something else...

Capeditiea

well... at least FB Discordian Circa 2015
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2018, 10:21:16 PM
It was fucking horrible.  Do not trust your younger self.

minuspace

Jokes on them, they took all the bad parts.

Capeditiea

Quote from: LuciferX on September 10, 2018, 12:51:02 AM

*nods, I wish i was here before i got here. :O it would have been a lot better for me. :D
The Goddess of Discord = 67 = Eris Kallisti Discordja = 67 = Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity = 67 = Capeditiea = 67 = Goddess of Enigma
[GoN]

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Capeditiea on September 10, 2018, 12:53:48 AM

*nods, I wish i was here before i got here. :O it would have been a lot better for me. :D

..that sounds like you'd like this forum better if you weren't posting in it. You do appear to be part of the reason one of the regulars is taking a break.

Since the count is now three, I must ask:  Have you considered changing your persona now and then?  This one is becoming just a smidge tedious.  Maybe you could do without the "*nods" and ":O".  Earn your self-assigned title of "Goddess of Creativity", and stop repeating the same old schtick.

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Con-troll

How come everybody everywhere hate newcomers? It's not like people take time to adjust and shit.

And I'm still certain this brilliant forum is blooming with activity, but there some kind of filter letting us see only fraction of posts. If there isn't could we please set one up?
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Con-troll on September 10, 2018, 02:32:11 AM
And I'm still certain this brilliant forum is blooming with activity, but there some kind of filter letting us see only fraction of posts. If there isn't could we please set one up?
I have unlocked the first gate, but it leads only to ruins, filled with the echoes of a glorious past.  I seek a second gate, but have found it not.

Sorry.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Capeditiea

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 10, 2018, 02:12:31 AM

..that sounds like you'd like this forum better if you weren't posting in it. You do appear to be part of the reason one of the regulars is taking a break.

Since the count is now three, I must ask:  Have you considered changing your persona now and then?  This one is becoming just a smidge tedious.  Maybe you could do without the "*nods" and ":O".  Earn your self-assigned title of "Goddess of Creativity", and stop repeating the same old schtick.

the title is Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity...

I like Doktor Howl, i enjoy his writings, but if he had a problem with my saying anything... he could have simply asked me kindly in an upfront manner... i am fairly understanding, but if i am unwanted here, i can simply leave here, not that i want to. if you ask me to leave, i will leave.

Articulations and Dynamics are a way to express things in music. So that is why i use :O :3 :D and such. So it helps imagine the feelings i am expressing.

I left before for a month or so on my own discresion... discression? discrushun? discreasion? to simply think on what type of people you were, and only returned to see if i was accurate in my theory... sigh... i wasn't. y'all had too much of my articulations before i could really catch on to how y'all are. I was just starting to understand things.

I haven't even gotten too far in reading older posts... o well... if anyone wants to contact me while i am away again. I wouldn't mind.
I will return in a month or so... when i sort out my feelings again. Which means i will not see the asking of the leaving until i return then.

I really do like it here... it's a beautiful cathartic outlet.

[GoN]

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

How come everybody everywhere hate newcomers? It's not like people take time to adjust and shit.

Dude, this is not even CLOSE to a proper PD hate.  By our standards, we are the very model of restraint.

And I can only speak for myself, but I don't actually give a fuck about your opinion of the board.  It's been dead for years, and there are maybe a dozen of us that still come here for various reasons, none of which are subject to your judgement.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Capeditiea on September 10, 2018, 03:05:25 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 10, 2018, 02:12:31 AM

the title is Gnosis Goddess of Art and Creativity...

I like Doktor Howl, i enjoy his writings, but if he had a problem with my saying anything... he could have simply asked me kindly in an upfront manner... i am fairly understanding, but if i am unwanted here, i can simply leave here, not that i want to. if you ask me to leave, i will leave.

Articulations and Dynamics are a way to express things in music. So that is why i use :O :3 :D and such. So it helps imagine the feelings i am expressing.

I left before for a month or so on my own discresion... discression? discrushun? discreasion? to simply think on what type of people you were, and only returned to see if i was accurate in my theory... sigh... i wasn't. y'all had too much of my articulations before i could really catch on to how y'all are. I was just starting to understand things.

I haven't even gotten too far in reading older posts... o well... if anyone wants to contact me while i am away again. I wouldn't mind.
I will return in a month or so... when i sort out my feelings again. Which means i will not see the asking of the leaving until i return then.

I really do like it here... it's a beautiful cathartic outlet.

Fair enough.  I will be clear:  I don't dislike you, or most of the things you've said.  I am not in principle opposed to silliness; these are silly times.

But flirting and/or sexual innuendo is considered actually painful here.  Back in the old days, Malaul (and god forbid EvT/Tao) would make us cringe so hard we'd prolapse.  That shit should (I am not one to give orders unless I am being paid) be saved more more appropriate places.  The internet is stuffed full of fetish sites.  Leave us this one place to be the miserable old shits that we are, and instead talk about things that don't involve youth and hormones that we ancient bastards have to have chemically-augmented.
Molon Lube

Bruno

I think sexual innuendo can be highly appreciated here, it just has to be clever... which is hard. Not making it 20% of your posting style is a good start. It shouldn't be something just randomly inserted as if to make a quota, or something.

I came rolling in here with a shtick I had been driving around on the internets on several other boards for a few months. It worked better as a late stage slow-troll tactic than it did just rolling in on a group with, though there were certain types of people and conversations where it can still work. Here, though, was mostly just people who had already heard that one.

I've been thinking lately about trying something like translating my posts into Russian, and then back into English. Not necessarily Russian. Russian just seems more topical.

Is this something you do (or did) as a member of a group? Is it your shtick, or is it something normally used in, like a gaggle, or a swarm?

Con-troll

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 05:53:09 AM

Dude, this is not even CLOSE to a proper PD hate.  By our standards, we are the very model of restraint.

And I can only speak for myself, but I don't actually give a fuck about your opinion of the board.  It's been dead for years, and there are maybe a dozen of us that still come here for various reasons, none of which are subject to your judgement.
If you'd be bothered to provide a link to some real hatred for my amusement, I could try to restrain my peace-loving nature. I'd dig some up myself, but the truth is, I'm terribly lazy and rather stare at the wall ass my braincells slowly commit suicide.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 10, 2018, 06:54:55 AM

I've been thinking lately about trying something like translating my posts into Russian, and then back into English. Not necessarily Russian. Russian just seems more topical.

I did something like this with the famed Uday Incident on Newsweek comments.  Funny thing:  The right-wingers loved it and liberals all wanted me to die of the mange, even though I was obviously parodying the right.

I quit after "The Tragic Death of Twin Brother Qusay", because there's no fucking way I could have topped that.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 07:01:05 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 10, 2018, 06:54:55 AM

I did something like this with the famed Uday Incident on Newsweek comments.  Funny thing:  The right-wingers loved it and liberals all wanted me to die of the mange, even though I was obviously parodying the right.

I quit after "The Tragic Death of Twin Brother Qusay", because there's no fucking way I could have topped that.

Did the right-wingers think you were with them, or did they get it, and thought it was funny? I've found that a lot of right-wingers assume that you are one of them, unless you tell them explicitly otherwise. It's part of their "we are a majority" delusion, I think.