News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

PD experiences

Started by Capeditiea, September 07, 2018, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Well placed innuendo can be a powerful tool in anyone's repertoire as part of a mixed and varied comedic palette.
If your only tool is a hammer then every problem looks like a nail.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

rong

Huh huh ... Tool ... Nail ...
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 10, 2018, 07:15:56 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2018, 07:01:05 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 10, 2018, 06:54:55 AM

I've been thinking lately about trying something like translating my posts into Russian, and then back into English. Not necessarily Russian. Russian just seems more topical.

I did something like this with the famed Uday Incident on Newsweek comments.  Funny thing:  The right-wingers loved it and liberals all wanted me to die of the mange, even though I was obviously parodying the right.

I quit after "The Tragic Death of Twin Brother Qusay", because there's no fucking way I could have topped that.

Did the right-wingers think you were with them, or did they get it, and thought it was funny? I've found that a lot of right-wingers assume that you are one of them, unless you tell them explicitly otherwise. It's part of their "we are a majority" delusion, I think.

They got it, but they enjoyed my reactions to lefties who thought I'd wandered off the reservation, to use an icky metaphor.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on September 10, 2018, 02:13:44 PM

If your only tool is a hammer then every problem looks like a nail.

So yeah, you woke up one day and realized you're on the planet of the apes.  None of their progamming makes any sense...Their lips move like lightinging, but they speak only gibberish.  And of course you don't see the sun, the apes burn dangerous chemicals all day to make more ape toys, so there's a toxic cloud that you've never noticed until now.

The really horrible part, of course, is that you always lived there...But being an ape yourself, you never noticed.  But as things fall together, you start standing more upright, and you begin to notice these things.  And once you notice them, you can never really drop back on all fours again.  You are doomed to the day-to-day stark horror of being a Doktor, just as I am.  You CAN fool yourself with the TV or by working yourself into a coma or even watching that World Cup nonsense, but now you'll always realize that it's a sham, that you're avoiding The Truth.

And the other apes will notice this.  Oh, yes.  You smell wrong now, and they will act uncomfortably in your presence.  The more aggressive ones may even decide that *you* are a nail.
Molon Lube