News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Favorite Sentences Megathread

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 11, 2018, 10:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

What do you post here? Your favorite sentences from your own writing, or someone else's with attribution. Context is for losers.

Q. G. Pennyworth

"The only god in this dismal world was the one she was off to kill."

Doktor Howl

"The sisters trooped down the stairs...The house smelled of garlic, which one of the servants had festooned all over everything, perhaps to mask the smell of the corpse, perhaps as an insult to their mother."
- Maria Devahna Headley
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

"To him who seeks a reason but cannot abide any hypothesis of a design, whether in the form of Providence or of the Diabolical, there remains only the rationalist's substitute for demonology--statistics."
  -Stanisław Lem
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

rong

It seems I only know how to forget the things that I want to remember.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Ziegejunge

"I remember thinking the interstates were like veins in a continental body, and that the cars were blood being pumped through them."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cheating in my own thread, fight me

"I probably should have picked a different place to stop, huh?"
"Nah, genocide is my favorite first date discussion topic."
"That must go over so well with the ladies."
"Oh, like you would not believe. I have a whole mountain of discarded underthings they leave in my apartments."

chaotic neutral observer

"Yes, I killed him.  I killed him for money, and for a woman.  And I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman."
-Walter Neff
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Al Qədic

"He lays down and says, 'Beat me, daddy.'"--Malcolm X, during his speech at the founding rally of his Organization of Afro-American Unity, 1964.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Q. G. Pennyworth

"You take me to the hopsital I will cut your ballface off," I mumble, most of the words landing in the right order.

wudgar

Make America Great Again.  D. Trumpovitch
Shameless whoring; www.zazzle.com/wudgar

Al Qədic

From last week's episode of Welcome To Night Vale, written by Joseph Fink, Jeffrey Cranor, and Brie Williams: "The prison of your own mind is undergoing budget cuts."
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,

Don Coyote

"I will rip the flesh from my face and unleash the skull of torment upon you"

MMIX

"I'd far rather be happy than right any day." Douglas Adams H2GT2G
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Al Qədic

Courtesy of a friend, a big black woman with an eyepatch: "Uh, 911, hello? I have an issue. There's a giant black lady outside my house. She is fighting a giant monster made of vegetable soup. She's completely naked except for an eyepatch, and is swinging around a giant emery board. Also-- ...hello? Hello?! Goddammit, every fucking time."

Courtesy of another friend is a dramatic reading of that blurb: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0DitMfauyzX
Enjoy :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,