News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

The Smillsoid Has Landed!

Started by Smillsoid, September 28, 2018, 01:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smillsoid

Well, I'm an incredibly weird person. *shrugs*
Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

hooplala

One might even say... outlandish?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Smillsoid

Outlandish... yes, I like that!
Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

chaotic neutral observer

Something about this exchange is decidedly unsettling.  I think I'm going to go and stand behind several inches of steel plate.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 02, 2018, 11:43:48 PM
Something about this exchange is decidedly unsettling.  I think I'm going to go and stand behind several inches of steel plate.

You have good instincts, sir.
Molon Lube

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Smillsoid on October 02, 2018, 09:56:36 PM
Well, I'm an incredibly weird person. *shrugs*

We don't actually value "weird".  Donald Trump Jr is weird as fuck and in fact has negative value.

We for the most part value the ability to think.  To see things as they really are, despite being stuck on a planet with 7.6 billion stupid primates.  Despite BEING one of those primates.

Kicking in the door and spouting word salad at us has been done.  Outlandishly done.  Since 2002.  It's the same shit over and over again, some half-functional freak that is used to being the weirdest person in the room, but fails to consider that the room they are in is full of idiots.

So is this room.  But we've been doing this a very long time, and we'd rather hear ideas than 23 SKIDDOO BLARG BLARG BLARG.  We can get that on the damn teevee.

Take this for what it's worth, because you seem like a bright kid, but your deliberate weirdness is banal as fuck.
Molon Lube

Smillsoid

I'm not deliberately weird. I'm just me.
Daddy or chips? Chaddy!

minuspace

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 02, 2018, 11:43:48 PM
... and especially paraffin

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Smillsoid on October 09, 2018, 02:02:03 AM

It's all you've talked about.

You could talk about something else.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Smillsoid on October 09, 2018, 02:02:03 AM

It's smacking of an "informed attribute" at this point.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

chaotic neutral observer

Common reasons to claim you're weird:

1.  You have impulse control problems, and want to frame this as an endearing trait.
2.  You're actually a filthy normie, and need some way to feel special.
3.  You're genuinely weird, and are warning people to stay away.  Kind of like if you have tuberculosis.

As far as descriptive terms go, "weird" doesn't really say much about a person, anyway.  Everybody's weird in some sense, normal in some sense, weird and normal in some sense, etc.

i was going to stay behind my steel plate but then someone coated it with paraffin
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 09, 2018, 02:24:43 PM
i was going to stay behind my steel plate but then someone coated it with paraffin

It was probably Hoops.  He is a very rude man and has a Tim Horton's habit.
Molon Lube

minuspace

Common reasons to self-identify as weird.

4. It was a false positive: by induction of a whack detection/recognition system.