News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

A confession, an honest acceptance of guilt, an apology

Started by Fujikoma, September 29, 2018, 03:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Fujikoma

That said, do we have a discord channel that isn't run by Donald Duck?

EDIT: If I have to remember what fucking pronoun you prefer to be described by then you've effectively surpassed everyone in my memory priority structure. I've called friends by wrong pronouns during sex.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 30, 2018, 05:26:46 AM

Remind me to tell you about what happened to Radio Free Discordia, some day.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

Discord, it's like IRC, only with more manchildren ahem, gamers and racists.

It's actually quite good in terms of functionality and looks, but the company policies on content are pretty lax.

Fujikoma

Very true, Cain, some communities are ok though... typically they tend to ban nazis outright while I prefer to try to heal the wounded bird, like that'll ever happen, and teach them to love again. (Hint: it never does)

Fujikoma

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 03, 2019, 09:20:27 PM

Remind me to tell you about what happened to Radio Free Discordia, some day.  :lulz:
Oh god, dare I ask? You have this horribly poisonous way of telling people how wrong they are and I fear that by asking I'm inviting your wrath.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on March 28, 2019, 07:34:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 03, 2019, 09:20:27 PM

Oh god, dare I ask? You have this horribly poisonous way of telling people how wrong they are and I fear that by asking I'm inviting your wrath.

We had this guy Enki, known now as Rococo's Modern Basilisk or some shit (only posts in original story ideas now) that signed up for multiple hours per day on RFD.  Then he played French "experimental music" for hours and hours and hours.  Everyone left, and that was that.

See, if this had been a troll, I would sort of admire it.  But it wasn't.
Molon Lube

Faust

Enki's "Smooth East coast Jazz" playlist:
A night on Bald Mountain
Mars, the bringer of war
The 1812 Overture
Threnody for Hiroshima
Ride Of the Valkyries

I can just imagine him, holding his blend coffee, clicking his fingers to those chill east coast beats.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Al Qədic

Quote from: Faust on March 28, 2019, 11:31:27 PM
Enki's "Smooth East coast Jazz" playlist:
A night on Bald Mountain
Mars, the bringer of war
The 1812 Overture
Threnody for Hiroshima
Ride Of the Valkyries

I can just imagine him, holding his blend coffee, clicking his fingers to those chill east coast beats.
To be fair, "Mars, the bringer of war" is like, the best part of The Planets Op 32 :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

altered

Mars is the only classical piece I can think of off hand where the name immediately attaches to a piece of music for me, really.

I'm not exactly fond of orchestral music, though.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Listen to Threnody for Hiroshima and tell me you can't dig that fresh east coast rhythm, that's some smooth Jazz
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

altered

Stepping back a few posts for a moment, I have been working on a Discordian Discord server for awhile given the only other one I found was run by, how can I put this, madjgickque themed misanthropic anarchists.

"If you break your leg you deserve to starve to death" type shit, except it's like, a spirit journey man and helping you would be hindering all the spiritual growth you'd get before you fucking died. Also, something like "compassion is The Man". Special door prize if you are talking about a literal intersection of roads and the admin says "we don't want your intersectionality shit" in complete earnesty (real thing, really happened).

My server doesn't have these problems. Probably because it currently has one member (me) because I haven't had the focus to finish all the pinned messages, getting bots for fun (comics, music streaming in voice channels) and useful (basic automod, noob jailing, irc link contained to the irc linking channel) shit hooked up, etc etc.

If one of the trustworthy spags round these parts wants to do the library posts (pinned messages full of links) or set up the bots or just fuck around and see if they can make things more presentable, I can provide invites and admin perms. But it's not, in my opinion, ready for prime time, or I would have posted a new topic about it somewhere around here.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on March 29, 2019, 09:43:17 PM
Stepping back a few posts for a moment, I have been working on a Discordian Discord server for awhile given the only other one I found was run by, how can I put this, madjgickque themed misanthropic anarchists.

Is that the one that was advertised here about a month ago?  I popped in briefly, read something about witchcraft and curses in the chatlog, popped out again.  If your magic doesn't involve molten metal, power tools, and a risk of personal injury, you're doing it wrong.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.