News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2019, 05:27:38 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on August 24, 2019, 01:38:08 AM
So, I was in my kitchen and i saw a group of 10 disenfranchised ants aimlessly running around, and it made me think of the Amazon forests burning with all the species dying out, and it made me really sad.

So i made a small house for them out of some cardboard packaging.

Now they're my tenants.

Ants just wanna clean up your mess.  So we poison them.

RWHN's puns were of way less quality than this and they got acknowledged with rage, now I gotta rethink my entire life.  :sad:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

You fucking cutthroat bastard I didn't even spot it. You slipped that under my goddamned radar.

You can't see it from where you're at but I want you to know I'm foaming at the mouth and turning luminous red. If my eyeballs could light fires there would be a swath of unquenchable flames from Boston to Texas, where the little border wall that could would reflect my blazing gaze right back on Massachusetts.

Howl might get to laugh, but LMNO and QGP would be baked into the void itself. And that's awful.

Feel bad, Johnny, for this impossible hypothetical series of events.

(Does that help?)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

In the Sechura desert we could get away with 4 gallons per person, but only because it's winter and the sea brings the temperature down considerably. And that there are enough settlements to pick up additional water (or, more likely, Inca Kola) along the way.

Still drier than Satan's bunghole, though.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Johnny on August 24, 2019, 06:24:00 AM
So, I was in my kitchen and i saw a group of 10 disenfranchised ants aimlessly running around, and it made me think of the Amazon forests burning with all the species dying out, and it made me really sad.

Now they're my tenants.

RWHN's puns were of way less quality than this and they got acknowledged with rage, now I gotta rethink my entire life.  :sad:
I am the slow and tired
:argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on August 24, 2019, 06:24:00 AM

Now they're my tenants.

I didn't notice the pun until you pointed it out, and now my quality of life is measurably lower.
Molon Lube

altered

In other news, the "You have 3 messages in your inbox" newsfeed catches me again, for ten minutes on the train. I was distracted, okay?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Also in other news I just remembered a thing I said today. Presented without context:

"Cherries are the peaches of Satan. You can tell because they're red like communism and the gays love 'em."

Cain

Quote from: nullified on August 26, 2019, 05:24:05 AM
In other news, the "You have 3 messages in your inbox" newsfeed catches me again, for ten minutes on the train. I was distracted, okay?

I'm undeniably proud of that one and the (sadly long since dead) "fly walking across the screen" gif

altered

God I miss the fly. It never got me, but it always gave me a chuckle.

Doktor Howl

I just want to remind everyone that Devo II happened and was a thing.
Molon Lube

Cain

We seem to have pissed off some Indonesian spammers today.

I've blocked emails from 4 different domains, all of which come from the aforementioned country.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2019, 10:00:51 PM

I've blocked emails from 4 different domains, all of which come from the aforementioned country.

Yeah, I saw the one after the one I told you about.  I was reasonably sure it wouldn't get by you.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Faust

The Google captcha helped a bit but they are still getting through
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 28, 2019, 10:59:14 PM

Yeah, I saw the one after the one I told you about.  I was reasonably sure it wouldn't get by you.   :lulz:

You mean bestcoffeshop.com isn't a legitimate email address?!

Quote from: Faust on August 28, 2019, 11:11:18 PM

The Google captcha helped a bit but they are still getting through

Yeah, it's definitely reduced them, we just seem to be having a weirdly active day on that front