News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Yeah for all practical purposes she may as well be my girlfriend but fuck all that gender assigning bullshit.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: nullified on September 20, 2019, 03:30:53 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 20, 2019, 01:51:16 AM
So... After the dust settled it looks like I'll be working in mundane electronics instead of weapons manufacture. I got an offer that was too good to pass up from a company that I used to work for doing automated Optical inspection and in line repair work. I'll still be working on cool high-end stuff like aircraft equipment, but I must admit I was quite curious about how Servo Motors are built. Tomorrow morning I'm going to write the email to inform the weapons manufacturer that the electronics firm won out.

It's for the best in the long run. I'll be working with people that I know and love, doing something that I'm good at and enjoy doing, and the commute will be more like 10 minutes instead of 45 one way. The pay is pretty much equivalent.

At least my long search for a good job is over and I can get back to the actions of living. I'm trying to build an independent life for myself again after several very hard years. With the acquisition of this job I feel like a new chapter is beginning in my life story. I'm actually excited to see how my life will play out from here. Not used to looking forward to life but it's a good feeling.

That last paragraph is where I have been lately. It's weird and surreal and great. It feels like the good dissociation ("literally this has to be fake, someone's got cameras but fuck it let's enjoy this") about two thirds of the time, and standard good day the other third. Congratulations dude.

Thanks nullified! You know The Struggle at least as well as I do, probably better. It definitely is a surreal feeling when after things going poorly for so long, they finally inexplicably improve. I don't know if it's disassociating to think that God has my back, but I do sometimes get the feeling the cosmos is paying attention to what I do and occasionally offers up opportunities for positive change. I guess that I would say Fortune has recently favored me, and I'm glad it has favored you! Let us seek our Destinies then, and build good things upon that which we have already gained.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fujikoma

That's how I feel lately as well. Strange times are afoot, it would seem.

Juana

indeed. i've had some similar experiences re feeling like someone/something is looking out for me this year and it's a nice feeling. especially after, ya know, years of being a little bit afraid and uncertain about what i'm actually going to do with my life professionally. like, i love being a substitute teacher and it's been good for me in a lot of ways but it's not really a living.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Fujikoma

So yeah, I pitched the idea to her that I might possibly move and make use of the homelessness services in the city she lives in, saying "Please don't freak out. I think it would be cool to hang out every once in a while." to which she replies "Bitch, we'd hang out every fucking day. I think I'm obsessed with you."

And here I was worrying she'd get wary and upset. I know it's not a normal sort of thing... but that doesn't bother her. This is good, because if she's bothered by the abnormal then this is not going to work. I just have to plan ahead if things go sour where I'm currently living, which it looks like they might, but it's certainly not worst case scenario if it does.

Frontside Back

In other news I just blindly walked right into the classic "my friend passes out and his girl suddenly gets way too up close and personal" trap. Any tips on how to make this worse?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Grapes

My ears are ringing. And i feel so stupid for not realizing. You can print "Scratch and Sniff" on anything in the world. All it takes is a label maker.
I have labeled all staplers in the office "not microwave safe" and all the microwaves are labeled " Not fit for human consumption"

Atleast its funny to watch the hard hats pick up the can of Lysol. Scratch the paper post post factory label, and say "smells kinda fruity Jim" about the obviously fake sticker I applied. Only for Jim to roll his eyes and take the can from Bob, Scratch the sticker, hold it to his nose, and say "nah, smells like mint."

Moral of the story is never read labels. Or don't label things. Cause that's just prejudice and shit, but the real moral is that a human with a label printer shouldnt play pranks.

I find that if you have relations over your passed out friend's body, with his girl then you aren't a good friend.

Do the funny drugs in the bathroom.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Grapes on September 21, 2019, 07:05:52 AM
My ears are ringing. And i feel so stupid for not realizing. You can print "Scratch and Sniff" on anything in the world.
"Scratch and Sniff", like "And this too shall pass" is a phrase that is appropriate at all times and in all situations.

I have labeled all staplers in the office "not microwave safe"
This is technically correct.

and all the microwaves are labeled " Not fit for human consumption"
I have never attempted to eat a microwave, myself, but this seems like good advice.

but the real moral is that a human with a label printer shouldnt play pranks.
Why not?  I'm not seeing the downside, here.

Also:  Welcome back, new guy!
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 21, 2019, 06:55:20 AM
In other news I just blindly walked right into the classic "my friend passes out and his girl suddenly gets way too up close and personal" trap. Any tips on how to make this worse?

Scratch and Sniff?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Fujikoma

You could start shouting conspiracy theories?

The Johnny

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 21, 2019, 06:55:20 AM

A lot of factors change the situation:

I was gonna break it down by age, but mostly its like if youre under 21, who cares, just live and do whatever... but if youre older a lot of factors come into play, like, does he even care? Im 32 and id react more like "what does this mean?" that needs to get answered immediately rather than get enraged.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Frontside Back

Ok, new question. If your horns tend to get stuck in the doorframes, and their weight is beginning to affect posture, should you wank more or less?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Magpie

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 21, 2019, 03:42:53 PM
Ok, new question. If your horns tend to get stuck in the doorframes, and their weight is beginning to affect posture, should you wank more or less?

Depends on how much you like the look of your horns, if you don't mind getting them trimmed a vet is probably a better bet than a doctor and no need to change your habits.

The Johnny

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 21, 2019, 03:42:53 PM

Wank into your horns, that should lube them up and easier to drag/push around
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 19, 2019, 12:24:54 AM
I sometimes walk along the riverbank during my lunchbreak.  With the object of increasing my range, I decided to eat while walking today.  Chewing while walking on rough terrain being a bad idea, I naturally bit my lip hard enough to draw blood.

On the way back, I took a less-traveled path through the brush a bit above the shoreline.  Head held high, admiring the autumn colours, oblivious to the ground beneath me, I stepped in quite a deep hole, and fell, almost rolling down the riverbank in the process.  Once I managed to drag myself back onto the path, I found I had a cut on one finger, and a bump on my right shin that will turn purple by morning.

I'm not sure what the origin of the hole was; it was too large and vertical for any critter I know of, so I think it was some sort of river-erosion induced sinkhole.

TL;DR:  I took the road less traveled by, and almost fell off.

Yoink?