News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Everyone should own a little bit of penny stock.  Something in mining, perhaps.  Watching the price fluctuations is enlightening, not to mention entertaining, and can teach a valuable lesson.

It's not profitable, of course.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Pergamos

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 30, 2019, 04:02:08 AM
Everyone should own a little bit of penny stock.  Something in mining, perhaps.  Watching the price fluctuations is enlightening, not to mention entertaining, and can teach a valuable lesson.

It's not profitable, of course.

It's a fun game.  Personally I prefer cryprocurrency, since what it means is sillier than penny stocks, but the game is pretty similar.

Frontside Back

Isn't that like slot machines without all the shiny colors?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Fujikoma

Quote from: Bruno on October 29, 2019, 08:14:06 PM
Must have been some kind of time bomb he left behind. :argh!:

O-bomb-a

It's ok, I have a store of bad pun creds.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Frontside Back on October 30, 2019, 05:01:30 PM
Isn't that like slot machines without all the shiny colors?
Not really.  Slot machines are usually subject to regulatory limits that keep you from losing money too quickly.

altered

I just want to remind everyone that I cannot die, I'm an immortal abomination from beyond the fucking stars and I will exile would-be murderers to the piss void, to live among the gremlins and forgotten drunken covers of third rate pop music from the mid 80s
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 31, 2019, 12:29:04 AM
I made fun of a man with a bloated rpg today and made $182, $128 of it his. I don't think he liked it. Because he blocked all my accounts.

Not following this.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

It occurs to me that Halestorm is just Taylor Swift with a leather jacket.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: nullified on November 01, 2019, 02:26:38 AM
I just want to remind everyone that I cannot die, I'm an immortal abomination from beyond the fucking stars and I will exile would-be murderers to the piss void, to live among the gremlins and forgotten drunken covers of third rate pop music from the mid 80s

Last night was apparently wild. Something on the order of demonic possession going on here.

Also this Red Line train is fucking cursed, in the classical sense: it smells like rotting meat and burnt hair, half the lights are out and which ones change at every stop, it randomly buzzes and vibrates like the exterior cladding is attached to the third rail while not in motion, the driver keeps going distant, echoey, incredibly loud, and extremely strained like he's dying of a heart attack for a few moments on the intercom before returning to normal. Cursed as fuck.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

Ah, sounds pretty normal Nullified. The only thing you forgot to mention is the band of juggling dwarves, and the goat.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on November 02, 2019, 01:19:09 AM

Last night was apparently wild. Something on the order of demonic possession going on here.

Also this Red Line train is fucking cursed, in the classical sense: it smells like rotting meat and burnt hair, half the lights are out and which ones change at every stop, it randomly buzzes and vibrates like the exterior cladding is attached to the third rail while not in motion, the driver keeps going distant, echoey, incredibly loud, and extremely strained like he's dying of a heart attack for a few moments on the intercom before returning to normal. Cursed as fuck.
Yesterday was Halloween.  Probably some kids in the area were screwing around with rituals they didn't understand and ruptured an aetheric seal, and you were caught in the boundary layer.

The effects should wear off in a week or so, but in the meantime, be very cautious with real-estate transactions, avoid consuming South African meat products, and remember to put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up.

Fujikoma

Fuck that, suckle the blood out of the still-beating heart of something living. This ain't some hollywood witch movie, do you want PREcautions, or PROcautions?

Fujikoma

Ok, as a vegan alternative you can cover a furby in mayonaise and sriracha.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 02, 2019, 01:19:09 AM

If you're in Boston, you are right on the mark.  The MBTA is evil incarnate, and the Red line in particular.  Lots of Richter-related fatalities on that line.
Molon Lube

Trivial

I described the Sally-Anne test to my mom and she failed it. The explanation what it means didn't work for her either. Which is weird I, I remembered explaining it to her years ago from an anthropology class about the difference between 3 and 5 year olds (she's a preschool teacher), but maybe I didn't describe the whole story.

I'm not sure if this means she's never had theory of mind, but it would explain some things. For one, she loves mystery shows and novels, and I wonder if it's just more surprising to her than most people. Maybe she lost it from getting older, but she's only in her early 60's.

Maybe it means I need to perform some psychological experiments on my parents.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.