News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

It turns out you can use saxophones in the heavy metals.
Molon Lube

altered

You can use saxophones in any music ever.

I have heard it with my own ears. From grindcore to trashy electronica to goth shit, saxophones work with everything.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Fujikoma

I read about that last night. A quadrouple amputee? Seriously? What's he going to do? Spit at you? Fucking disgusting. There's no call for that kind of shit.

altered

On a completely different note because I can't address that FUCKING GARBAGE while keeping my phone intact and my ass out of jail...

I was reminded today of the magic of Aldi: a place where you can spend 50 dollars, fully half of that on weird shit that doesn't contribute to basic survival, and still have a week's worth of good food.

I spent 6 dollars on really weird cheese, got some generic energy drink for a buck, bought a goddamn pillow to go with the goddamn blanket (8 dollars), spent 2 dollars on a chocolate bar, 2 on some pop tart knockoffs, 7 on a flatbread pizza that I didn't need, and the remaining food is still a weeks worth.

Also: Cain, I found the red pesto! I'm gonna eat it!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

RIP library. So, I put my books in storage and since my new place doesn't have the shelf space, I left them there.

And then, the factory next to the warehouse burned down. And burned down the warehouse along with it. And my library.

I'm currently in the process of claiming my insurance based on my initial booking forms. But still, bleh.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 17, 2019, 12:08:37 AM
RIP library. So, I put my books in storage and since my new place doesn't have the shelf space, I left them there.

And then, the factory next to the warehouse burned down. And burned down the warehouse along with it. And my library.

I'm currently in the process of claiming my insurance based on my initial booking forms. But still, bleh.

:cry:
Molon Lube

The Johnny

:cry: Ill pm you something that might be of use
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Junkenstein

From someone who has lost 2 physical libraries and 3 digital ones, I feel your pain. Condolences.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

At least my digital one is backed up in multiple places. Given its size, I couldn't bear to lose that.

Frontside Back

Were you actually going to read the books or did you just keep them safe for the future generations who'd be too hyperactive to even watch a movie?
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Cramulus

OOF,  that's a DAMN SHAME -- If my books failed a saving throw, I'd be devastated. Good luck recouping losses.

Cain

Quote from: Frontside Back on November 17, 2019, 08:31:45 PM
Were you actually going to read the books or did you just keep them safe for the future generations who'd be too hyperactive to even watch a movie?

Some of them were actually useful. It was mostly my physical academic texts, so things like "Political Terrorism" or...well, lots of books with variations on terrorism in the title.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 17, 2019, 08:46:26 PM
OOF,  that's a DAMN SHAME -- If my books failed a saving throw, I'd be devastated. Good luck recouping losses.

Thanks. The company so far seems pretty good about keeping in touch and letting people know what's going on - perhaps because it wasn't their fault, and having all our claims will bolster their own insurance claims against the factory. It helps that they're not being adversarial about it, so far.

altered

I don't know how I missed this.

Have you fought the responsible party yet? Have you looked them in the eye and called them a jackass? Have you set THEIR library on fire?

altered

In other news: guess who MIGHT not be homeless anymore!

I'm probably jumping the gun but we bought drinks and a small order of fries for a five minute conversation (we all had work tomorrow and had been up WAY too late the night before) that ended up being an hour and a half of geeking out over bugs, podcasts, and The Thing.