News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: nullified on November 17, 2019, 09:10:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 17, 2019, 12:08:37 AM
RIP library. So, I put my books in storage and since my new place doesn't have the shelf space, I left them there.

And then, the factory next to the warehouse burned down. And burned down the warehouse along with it. And my library.

I'm currently in the process of claiming my insurance based on my initial booking forms. But still, bleh.

I don't know how I missed this.

Have you fought the responsible party yet? Have you looked them in the eye and called them a jackass? Have you set THEIR library on fire?

I think given their factory caught on fire, setting anything else on fire might be obsolete.

The fire was even big enough to get some news coverage https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-50375809

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on November 17, 2019, 12:08:37 AM
RIP library. So, I put my books in storage and since my new place doesn't have the shelf space, I left them there.

And then, the factory next to the warehouse burned down. And burned down the warehouse along with it. And my library.

I'm currently in the process of claiming my insurance based on my initial booking forms. But still, bleh.

Shit. I hope you at least didn't lose anything that was irreplaceable, or heirloom, or anything.
Formerly something else...

LMNO

Sorry to hear about your library, Cain.  I hope that your efforts to build it back up again don't put you on any more government watch lists.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 18, 2019, 04:34:27 AM
In other news: guess who MIGHT not be homeless anymore!

I'm probably jumping the gun but we bought drinks and a small order of fries for a five minute conversation (we all had work tomorrow and had been up WAY too late the night before) that ended up being an hour and a half of geeking out over bugs, podcasts, and The Thing.

YAY!  I hope.
Molon Lube

altered

I’ve been trying to figure out whether “restrained manic glee” is an actual emotion or not, because if it is, that’s what I’m experiencing. Can’t get too hyped BUT IT’S PROMISING and I AM TOTALLY READY TO GO APESHIT ON THE CALL CENTER FLOOR

Edit: I said floot originally instead of floor :lulz:
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Today I saw something amazing.

I boarded the train, and it was nearly empty. A tiny man boarded with me, and no one else.

This man knew where to sit. He spotted a space of five seats, and sat exactly in the center of it.

Result: four empty seats, no one sitting in them, the train filling up further and further, and our protagonist (certainly not me!) having plenty of elbow room.

But he got his at Haymarket, where he ended up being the only person on the train sitting next to anyone else, and he had TWO of them.

I don't know if there's a moral, but there's certainly a narrative.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 03:53:57 PM

I boarded the train, and it was nearly empty. A tiny man boarded with me, and no one else.

This man knew where to sit. He spotted a space of five seats, and sat exactly in the center of it.

Result: four empty seats, no one sitting in them, the train filling up further and further, and our protagonist (certainly not me!) having plenty of elbow room.

But he got his at Haymarket, where he ended up being the only person on the train sitting next to anyone else, and he had TWO of them.

The moral is to always sit on the end.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 03:54:51 PM
Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 03:53:57 PM

The moral is to always sit on the end.

Glad to know I don't have any learning to do there  :lulz:

Cain

This is why I always carry a good sized backpack on the train. Oh what a shame, my bag is so large and heavy, I will have to take it off and put it on the seat next to me, as it certainly won't fit under the seat or in the overhead storage.

altered

There isn't any under the seat or overhead storage on the MBTA. It's seats and floorspace and sorrow.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on November 19, 2019, 03:57:02 PM
This is why I always carry a good sized backpack on the train. Oh what a shame, my bag is so large and heavy, I will have to take it off and put it on the seat next to me, as it certainly won't fit under the seat or in the overhead storage.

Oops, I accidentally spilled my coffee all over your backpack as I stepped off the train.

Cain

Quote from: nullified on November 19, 2019, 04:00:02 PM
There isn't any under the seat or overhead storage on the MBTA. It's seats and floorspace and sorrow.

Ah, so like the tube but with less random bombings.

Quote from: LMNO on November 19, 2019, 04:07:01 PM
Oops, I accidentally spilled my coffee all over your backpack as I stepped off the train.

That's fine, it's a hiking rucksack.

Doktor Howl

And stops that don't actually exist.  South Attelborough, for example.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 04:29:45 PM

And stops that don't actually exist.  South Attelborough, for example.

Everyone swears that the orange line used to have a stop at Government Center.

It does not and has never. I checked. It's crazy.