News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 30, 2019, 01:01:11 AM
Unrelated:  tmw you see someone you respected sail away on a wave of blatantly false populism.

"TEH WORKURZ ENDED TEH SHUTDOWN SUCCEZZFULLY"

But didnt you know? Democrats cant do anything but be the lapdogs of our corporate overords and Pelosi had absolutely nothing to do with dragging it out long enough for the work stoppages and impending ones to any effect at all. It's just logic that the proletariate did all the work.

altered

To be fair there, I'm still in mild disbelief that Pelosi had one solid vertebra, let alone the relatively complete spine put on display. If I could deny my eyes, I'd say it was nothing to do with her or Chuck "I will roll over if you make the little finger motion and won't even ask for a treat" Schumer.

Unfortunately, I'm cursed to believe that events I watch happen are actually happening.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

...we all knew that it was going to end before the Superbowl, right?

I mean, millions of NFL dollars flowing into Atlanta.  No way they were going to short staff the airport.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 30, 2019, 02:19:02 AM
And then I just got the Nigel treatment from Chelagoras.

Treatment protocol remains unchanged, due to 100% success rate.  BLOCKT

What happened?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

It might hit zero Celsius tonight (smugs in non-American)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on January 30, 2019, 01:42:32 PM

What happened?

He was on about how Pelosi wasn't the hero, tHe WoRKerS were.  Despite the fact that there was no union action, and that people stopped going in to the airports only when they literally lacked the gasoline to get to work.

His response was something along the lines of "ARE YOU CALLING ME SEXIST?" 

At which point I blocked him.  Never putting up with that kind of shit again.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2019, 03:50:05 PM
It might hit zero Celsius tonight (smugs in non-American)

Might get below 20C tonight (leers in Southwest).
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 30, 2019, 03:51:46 PM

What happened?

He was on about how Pelosi wasn't the hero, tHe WoRKerS were.  Despite the fact that there was no union action, and that people stopped going in to the airports only when they literally lacked the gasoline to get to work.

Jesus.

Why are people so resistant to looking at their own bad ideas?

I discovered last night what seems to be some latent sexism related to a character on a tv ahow which was simultaneously illuminating and disturbing. We all have fucking prejudices... we can only start fixing them if we confront them head on.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on January 30, 2019, 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 30, 2019, 03:51:46 PM

What happened?

Jesus.

Why are people so resistant to looking at their own bad ideas?

I discovered last night what seems to be some latent sexism related to a character on a tv ahow which was simultaneously illuminating and disturbing. We all have fucking prejudices... we can only start fixing them if we confront them head on.

I knew that as soon as either Sanders or Clinton started making squishy noises about running, everyone would go batshit insane again.  And since Sanders has to fuck up everything he touches, he announced that he was planning to announce the day the shutdown ended.  Tell me THAT is a fucking coincidence.  Then the next day, he starts jabbering that Pelosi shouldn't get credit for the result, but instead that it was some kind of IWW Wobbly revolt.  And then his followers go fucking batshit, toss away their rationality, and you get what happened yesterday.

Funniest bit was, the Nigel thing was when *I* was interested in Sanders, which goes to show that this isn't a progressive problem, it's that humans are stupid and should all die.  Like today.  Like, get the fuck off of my Goddamn planet.  Stupid hairless apes.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

"Back in my day, we literally froze the inside of our lungs, and we liked it!"

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

It's only cold enough to freeze a cracked egg on a sidewalk. Those children should man up.

Doktor Howl

The next election is in 21+ months, and I already hate everyone.  Every single progressive, every single moderate dem, and - and this goes without saying - every single republican.  I am not talking about the candidates, mind you, I am talking about their fans.  I mean, you want to watch everyone left of Attila the Hun lose their shit and devour themselves, just mention *any* candidate.  Then sit back and watch the blood splatter on the ceiling tiles.

Everyone is stupid and humans should die.
Molon Lube