News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

That does suck. Hope you're still doing okay, for sane values of okay under the circumstances. You have my number if you need it, just be aware I'll be in an appointment for SSI disability determination from 2:45 to about 4, so if I don't pick up a call around then, text me instead.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Al Qədic

I didn't grab pictures but...someone put surprisingly large googly eyes on trash cans at a dining hall on campus...
...which one of you fuckers did it this time?  :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Fujikoma

Your poetry moved me, QG, and I'm sorry this is happening to you. I'm sorry you missed the funeral as well, but I've never gotten much from funerals, just, "This is a box, with a thing that used to be a person inside, and now we're going to set it on fire, or bury it, I dunno, maybe both."

Look, don't blame yourself, I can tell by your words how you regard the people you care about. It's a ritual, it doesn't change what is. People, pass on, that's the cost of life, everyone knows it will happen someday, but when it does, no one expects it. You can't be blamed for what you couldn't know, and you can't be blamed for being a beautiful, wonderful person... that said, I've had some people I care about pass, and I'm very unhappy with it, so I can understand feeling conflicted. None of it was your fault, yeah?

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

At church today the minister was giving his "the fuk do UUs do about Easter?" speech, and mentioned all the different actual belief systems in our congregation, from atheists and christians to buddhists, deists, pagans, "and shout out to our resident discordian." It is weird to be so genuinely accepted in a community.

altered

I picked up my computer to use it, and the bottom panel was bowed outward. That's concerning, so I checked it. The battery is swelling. It's a crappy refurbished laptop, but it was all I had. And now it is dangerous to use for any length of time. If I had the money, I'd just build a small form factor computer and never touch a laptop again, I have a bad history with them.

Al Qədic

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 21, 2019, 11:54:00 PM
"and shout out to our resident discordian." It is weird to be so genuinely accepted in a community.
That does sound weird...kinda makes me want to look into a UU church some time.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

hooplala

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 21, 2019, 11:54:00 PM
At church today the minister was giving his "the fuk do UUs do about Easter?" speech, and mentioned all the different actual belief systems in our congregation, from atheists and christians to buddhists, deists, pagans, "and shout out to our resident discordian." It is weird to be so genuinely accepted in a community.

That sounds pretty awesome.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Don Coyote

One of my friends doing some weird shitting on millenials for doing things shit reminds me of other reasons to leave FB. Like. I don't even know if she's oblivious to being a millenial or if she's doing some kind of weird 'witness my eruditness as I shit upon my peers and their behavior when we were kids' shit?

EDIT

My high school friends are such insufferable 'smart-people.'

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 21, 2019, 08:57:00 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on April 21, 2019, 07:41:16 PM
I think I may be allergic to nuts :horrormirth:

ZE JOKES!  ZEY WRITE ZEMSELVES!
What if vampires were weak against nuts, instead of garlic, and there is a global conspiracy to make the world more vampire-friendly by raising awareness of nut allergies?

I now have a mental image of vampire slayers going into battle coated in a layer of peanut butter.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Fujikoma

I've met some UU's, they're pretty awesome. I also like a lot of what I've read about the Baha'i but they have this weird thing about homosexuals or something like, "Well, if you do this then just don't discuss it here or we'll have to ask you to leave."

Fujikoma

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on April 22, 2019, 04:37:07 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 21, 2019, 08:57:00 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on April 21, 2019, 07:41:16 PM
I think I may be allergic to nuts :horrormirth:

ZE JOKES!  ZEY WRITE ZEMSELVES!
What if vampires were weak against nuts, instead of garlic, and there is a global conspiracy to make the world more vampire-friendly by raising awareness of nut allergies?

I now have a mental image of vampire slayers going into battle coated in a layer of peanut butter.

Oh dear, and those poor, poor Malchavians.