News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 04, 2019, 12:49:29 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 03, 2019, 06:32:56 PM
Mild bruised rib from the protest yesterday. Some dumb fuck decided his commute was more important than the march and proceeded to ride his bike through. I was blocking traffic, and don't fucking play around.

You know, just in case you thought yelling at buildings was over or something.

I feel your pain.

It's a really mild bruise, nothing like a crack or anything. Sorry to hear you got the worse end

Norman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 04, 2019, 01:57:41 PM
Mild bruised rib from the protest yesterday. Some dumb fuck decided his commute was more important than the march and proceeded to ride his bike through. I was blocking traffic, and don't fucking play around.

I feel your pain.

It's a really mild bruise, nothing like a crack or anything. Sorry to hear you got the worse end

I'll heal.  Just not as fast as I used to, for reasons that are not understood.

By which I mean, "I'm in denial.  I am actually still 22 years old and all of this is a temporary inconvenience."
Molon Lube

TastyCle

Quote from: Cramulus on July 03, 2019, 01:15:28 PM
Dear Tastycle,

if discordians no here
why me a dog can type???
Fuck, I must be hallucinating again.
Very painful to get rid of, why even bother.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 04, 2019, 10:01:27 PM

I feel your pain.

By which I mean, "I'm in denial.  I am actually still 22 years old and all of this is a temporary inconvenience."

Sympathies to both of you. For what it's worth strapping ice and bags of cold vegetables got me through my last couple a bit easier but they really are a fucker. In the plus side in around 3months you'll notice it doesn't hurt to breathe anymore and the HATE diminishes for a moment.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Al Qədic

Milkshakes are evil now, according to pundits, and people being pelted with milkshakes.

https://youtu.be/mIjsdrLtXyM

Honestly, now I'm thirsty for a milkshake...hey bartender, make yourself useful. Extra soy, hold the concrete!  :lol:
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

The Johnny

Quote from: Al Qədic on July 06, 2019, 04:10:57 AM
Milkshakes are evil now, according to pundits, and people being pelted with milkshakes.

Honestly, now I'm thirsty for a milkshake...hey bartender, make yourself useful. Extra soy, hold the concrete!  :lol:

How long before they pelt themselves with quick dry concrete milkshakes and blame it on the other side? I swear the victimization strategy is such an overused cliché and it always works.

Edit: also regarding the video in itself... its pretty good, but it would be 1000x times better if they would drop the "conservatives are dumb and idiotic" rhetoric... sure its gratifying if you agree, and it is my sentiment, but its divisive, if anyone from the other bandcamp listens to it, its gonna turn it off immediately and call it propaganda. Zero effort to gain converts and just preaching to the choir.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Al Qədic

Quote from: The Johnny on July 06, 2019, 04:50:19 AM

How long before they pelt themselves with quick dry concrete milkshakes and blame it on the other side? I swear the victimization strategy is such an overused cliché and it always works.

Edit: also regarding the video in itself... its pretty good, but it would be 1000x times better if they would drop the "conservatives are dumb and idiotic" rhetoric... sure its gratifying if you agree, and it is my sentiment, but its divisive, if anyone from the other bandcamp listens to it, its gonna turn it off immediately and call it propaganda. Zero effort to gain converts and just preaching to the choir.
My biggest issue with that vid in particular is how Cenk tries to use the moral high ground as the reason the far left maybe shouldn't prod the Nazis too hard. Like, no, you already gave a good reason; this shit is illegal, often immoral, and the right always claps back like the idiots they are...but when we're talking about soaking white supremacists with lattes, who cares about being the better person?

As for TYT themselves; yeah, their slant is blatant and they know it, but preaching to the choir ain't the worst thing in the world when a lot of the unconverted are leaving vomit and flaming turds in every comment section. Not the best route to go down, but it's the one they're committed to, and they've made it work.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

The Johnny

Besides if they don't do that, they're probably gonna be thought of as weak/bland and lose viewership, I do get it.

It might be something blatantly obvious, but, it seems that a lot of people overlook the important communication aspect of talking for yourself and arguing against a hypothetical individual.

Communication and rhetorics themselves are poisoned and degraded by hive mentality... I would say: don't ever make overstatements because your pack/gang is behind you to back you up and tell you youre right and dont talk to the opposition like youre talking to your own encampment.

I know given the context thats an unreasonable expectation, but thats how one needs to proceed if its gonna be anything more than an echo-chamber... between all the things that exist, theres things called "thought-terminating clichés", and those come from your side and from the opposition... from your side it encourages blind agreement, from the opposition it encourages blind disagreement... and calling someone idiotic, dumb, retarded, etc. is one of those "thought-terminating" phrases and deep-down we know its a cheap insult that is baseless... it takes more than retardation to be malicious, it's more of a matter of bending the truth for self convenience and personal interest. At least insult in an accurate manner...

Ok im done with my ranting, obviously this isnt directed at you... its just that Ive learned a lot from how identity politics is actually becoming a thing in my country when it previously was non-existant.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Without even clicking on that video, I knew it would be The Young Turks, just from Johnny's description.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 05, 2019, 02:01:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 04, 2019, 10:01:27 PM

I feel your pain.

Sympathies to both of you. For what it's worth strapping ice and bags of cold vegetables got me through my last couple a bit easier but they really are a fucker. In the plus side in around 3months you'll notice it doesn't hurt to breathe anymore and the HATE diminishes for a moment.

I am getting used to sleeping on my left side.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on July 06, 2019, 06:15:58 AM

Communication and rhetorics themselves are poisoned and degraded by hive mentality... I would say: don't ever make overstatements because your pack/gang is behind you to back you up and tell you youre right and dont talk to the opposition like youre talking to your own encampment.

See "PD.com, circa 2013-2015"  :lol:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The concrete milkshake thing is of course bullshit, but it's a GREAT idea.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

My milkshake hit a proud boy in the head
It was concrete, and it cracked his Dome
Damn right, it cracked his Dome.
Nobody sorry that he wound up dead. X2

He was a skinhead
And nobody sorry
No political platform for
The fascist scum
Think they want some
So here it comes

La la, la la, la
Mix one up
La la, la la, la
Proud boys are bleeding
La la, la la, la
Mix one up
La la, la la, la
Proud boys are bleeding

Nobody sorry that he wound up dead X2

I can see you're angry
Well I can show thee
Milkshakes that kill proud boys
They're not store bought
Just don't get caught
Mask up if you're smart

La la, la la, la
Mix one up
La la, la la, la
Proud boys are bleeding
La la, la la, la
Mix one up
La la, la la, la
Proud boys are bleeding

Nobody sorry that he wound up dead X2
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

As to how I'm doing recently... Mix of good and bad. I lost my girlfriend. We're still friends but the relationship part of things is over. I also couldn't hold down the job I was working. The work was simple. The people were professional, even friendly. I just kept getting these massive anxiety attacks and even got physically ill on the line.

To make things more complicated by the end of July I'm leaving lacrosse and heading back to my hometown, there to live under my father's roof until I can get a job and an apartment of my own Once again.

There's more but I don't know that I'm ready to talk about it. Suffice it to say that I have a deep and Grievous difference of opinion with my family on a great many things. But we do love each other and I must depend upon them now more than ever as I attempt to pull my life together.

I hope all the rib injuries heal quickly. I've been quietly lurking for a while, but I hope to start posting more frequently in the future.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl