News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 12, 2019, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: Juana on July 11, 2019, 09:52:05 PM
I'll survive. I'm just poor and cheap, lmao

That reminds me. I'm probably going to have to shell out quite a bit for admissions applications to PhD programs this fall
Yeah, that shit ain't cheap from what I've heard.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Juana on July 12, 2019, 03:52:36 PM

That reminds me. I'm probably going to have to shell out quite a bit for admissions applications to PhD programs this fall

On the one hand, I'm only going to apply to Boston area.

On the other hand, I'm applying to Boston area
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 12, 2019, 06:57:03 PM

Yeah, I imagine that's more expensive than elsewhere.

Also, I have a rib misaligned and I'm mad about it bc I can't figure out how I did it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Seems like it's the month of rib injuries. That's the third one.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Juana on July 12, 2019, 07:48:09 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 12, 2019, 06:57:03 PM

Yeah, I imagine that's more expensive than elsewhere.

Also, I have a rib misaligned and I'm mad about it bc I can't figure out how I did it.

Get well soon!

It's more the amount of places I can apply. Though I'm pretty sure that I can expect not to get into Harvard or MIT due to competition. To be fair, even though MIT is prestigious, I hear their biology department is more interested in what I can do with bacteria than what I can find out with bacteria

altered

On the last leg of my latest trip, headed out to Boston. I had an almost totally uneventful journey, except for the damages of regular travel and a 12 hour layover in Detroit. (Our bus was late coming in, we missed the connection, and we had to wait for the next one.)

A friend is getting me a hotel room when I arrive, and from there begins the wonderful task of finding housing and income. It's going to be some effort, but if I have to be homeless anywhere, Boston's where it's at I think.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Trivial

Went to Boise, did nothing Boise related.

Got home, am now playing the game of "Where's that smell coming from?"
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Is there anything Boise related worth doing?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: nullified on July 14, 2019, 08:35:18 AM
On the last leg of my latest trip, headed out to Boston. I had an almost totally uneventful journey, except for the damages of regular travel and a 12 hour layover in Detroit. (Our bus was late coming in, we missed the connection, and we had to wait for the next one.)

A friend is getting me a hotel room when I arrive, and from there begins the wonderful task of finding housing and income. It's going to be some effort, but if I have to be homeless anywhere, Boston's where it's at I think.

Oof. Well, welcome to Boston when you get here

altered

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 15, 2019, 12:46:25 PM

I arrived early yesterday and spent the day half-awake with QGP (briefly) and her husband (mostly). My feet are angry at me. Maybe if you've got some free time I could say hi, I'm going to have a lot of empty time today and probably be traveling anyway.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: nullified on July 15, 2019, 01:05:01 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 15, 2019, 12:46:25 PM

I arrived early yesterday and spent the day half-awake with QGP (briefly) and her husband (mostly). My feet are angry at me. Maybe if you've got some free time I could say hi, I'm going to have a lot of empty time today and probably be traveling anyway.

I might have a bit of time tomorrow--what part of Boston are you around?

altered

That's tough to answer.

Technically I'm homeless right now, came back to Boston because if I have to be homeless somewhere (which I currently do) there isn't a better location than here. Everywhere else has a large risk that the few homeless shelters even available will decide that me being trans is evil and decide to screw my life over. Here at least, it's hyper-blue and has legal repercussions for anyone who dares be a bigoted sack of rancid garbage.

Right now I mostly stick toward the northern side, Cambridge/Somerville/Chelsea/etc. but I will be all over the place until I can find somewhere to drop my stuff off and sleep. When that happens I have no idea where I'll actually be, but I'm aiming to stay on a train line. So I can meet up basically anywhere that suits you, truth be told. PM me.

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Managed to run 0 feet today.

Air suspension in the beast went out in the back, so now I have a low rider.  It's a fucking blast on I-10. 

Me:  "I think I'll just stay in this lane."

Beast:  "GRAB YOUR ASS, WE ARE DOING ALL THE THINGS."
Molon Lube