News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

No problem. The first and last ones were both tagged by StopForumSpam and CleanTalk, two of the more reliable spam reporting sites in my experience.

Faust

It's like a sudden change, I think they might have found an exploit for SMF to circumvent the checks:

I added an addition Human test "What is the surname of the Emperor of the United States and protector of Mexico" and the captcah appears to be working ok.

I could look at using the google captcha with the click the images thing, that one seems a bit more robust
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

That could well be it, the exploit issue. A lot of them do look to be fairly obvious bots, so it's very possible there's an issue there

Fujikoma

I skipped over a lot, but you're right, I shouldn't give a flying fuck about people like that.

Trivial

Does anybody have a flying monkey army?  Dude on facebook was shitting on a friend of mine because he takes medication to not want to kill himself.  Granted it was on a a third friends' wall in 2nd amendment turned abortion discussion thread, but something about it made me contemplate the upsides to torture.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Well, I just banned a particularly nasty spam bot.

Faust, is there any easy way to clean this up?
Molon Lube

Faust

Its not a bot, not fully, its targetted, I will clean up from db in the morning and possibly add a pay wall to registration of 10 cents

Cain

Faust

Cheers Cain, I've added the google recaptcha but not sure if that will work, if it doesnt I will put in the irritating 10c paywall, but would like to avoid that if I can as that would put a lot of people off.

chaotic neutral observer

I decided to experiment with growing some miniature watermelons, despite this not being the best climate for it.  I put a couple planter boxes on the edge of the driveway, since it was the only place with enough light throughout the day, and my primary garden is a fair way outside the city, and I can't get out there to water often enough.

A couple days ago, I found one of the two plants had been cut off at the stem.  The leaves were intact, but the taproot was gone.  Didn't seem like cutworm damage, so I decided to blame the jackrabbits which populate the area.

To protect against future rabbit attacks, I placed a large number of bamboo skewers (pointy end up) around the plant.

I am reasonably certain this will be effective, since I have already stabbed myself in the hand twice, once hard enough to pierce the skin.  I am not a clumsy person, per se, but situational awareness is not one of my strong points.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 29, 2019, 02:35:16 PM
I decided to experiment with growing some miniature watermelons, despite this not being the best climate for it.  I put a couple planter boxes on the edge of the driveway, since it was the only place with enough light throughout the day, and my primary garden is a fair way outside the city, and I can't get out there to water often enough.

A couple days ago, I found one of the two plants had been cut off at the stem.  The leaves were intact, but the taproot was gone.  Didn't seem like cutworm damage, so I decided to blame the jackrabbits which populate the area.

To protect against future rabbit attacks, I placed a large number of bamboo skewers (pointy end up) around the plant.

I am reasonably certain this will be effective, since I have already stabbed myself in the hand twice, once hard enough to pierce the skin.  I am not a clumsy person, per se, but situational awareness is not one of my strong points.

I promise you you will regret this.

You won't know why you will regret it until it's too late and you have regrets.

Then again, aren't you the one with the mice? Maybe you'll be fine after all. But your clothes won't be.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Man found dead in punji pit, watermelon clasped in hand, stem missing, police opening lines of inquiry.

Cain

Witnesses report seeing angry jackrabbits fleeing the scene

The Johnny

I keep logging in with the option "Forever", alas, forever only lasts till i reopen my browser.

ETERNITY REJECTS ME, REEEEEEE
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

Quote from: The Johnny on July 29, 2019, 11:41:59 PM

I keep logging in with the option "Forever", alas, forever only lasts till i reopen my browser.

ETERNITY REJECTS ME, REEEEEEE
Does your browser automatically clear cookies on closing? Do you need to allow one for here?