News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

What a fucking horror story that is. It reminds me of the third rate Cthulhu Mythos junk where the day is saved... FOR NOW.

I forgot to mention last night on account of exhaustion, but I've got a job at least until Friday and quite probably thereafter. (The story goes that if your attendance isn't garbage, you get the job. I am an hour early eternally, to anything.)

Today's the second day.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Good on the teacher and principal. That is such bullshit, especially to pull with elementary students.

altered

Oh and I should say, this is a tech support position, not a goddamn sales job. No commissions, no bonuses, just sanity.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

altered

Thanks! Best part is, I work nights. I get a good few hours in the extremely early hours of the day but my best work is at night by far.

Doktor Howl

Just dealt with the scrap metal dealer that carts off our aluminum, etc.

The tariffs are treating him very well, indeed.  He has an extra 15% margin, because he isn't importing shit and he has people lined up around the block.  We are both buying from and selling to him.

Which just goes to show, no matter how stupid el presidente is, someone gets paid.
Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 08, 2019, 09:11:35 AM
Lucky him.

Yeah, well, it's not like he's a crook.  Or a Trumpster.  He's a recycler, and right now new raw materials are getting kinda pricey.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Unrelated:

That moment when someone has decided that you're scum or at least not to be spoken to because you didn't dribble sympathy all over someone who very publicly shat all over you when YOU were down.

:lulz:

What that tells me is that I have significantly lower intrinsic value than the other person, I don't count as much and should be flexible about things, and that I should learn to accept that.

Yeah, eat my entire arse.  Everyone involved just stopped existing.

:lulz:

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Unrelated to the above unrelated comment, it is less than 100F today and I am growing concerned.
Molon Lube

Juana

I feel you. It's supposed to be 90° here on Saturday and ????? 90° in August ? What malarkey is this?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 08, 2019, 08:57:20 PM
I feel you. It's supposed to be 90° here on Saturday and ????? 90° in August ? What malarkey is this?

Also, the monsoon is potato.  Humidity is balls disgusting, but we have had maybe one inch of rain so far. 

I am not worried, though.  I expect a half a dozen hurricanes to slam into the Baja coast again this year, and that will fill our aquifers nicely.
Molon Lube

Cain

It's quite nice here, though my sense of what is hot is off, after escaping the cooker that was my previous flat.

It can be in the high 20s (C) outside and it feels quite nice in my flat, as opposed to wanting to die constantly once the weather is above 24C, as it previously was. I think having a south-facing bedroom and a building designed for some airflow is making a significant difference.

Juana

Quote from: Cain on August 09, 2019, 12:01:56 PM
It's quite nice here, though my sense of what is hot is off, after escaping the cooker that was my previous flat.

It can be in the high 20s (C) outside and it feels quite nice in my flat, as opposed to wanting to die constantly once the weather is above 24C, as it previously was. I think having a south-facing bedroom and a building designed for some airflow is making a significant difference.
Sounds like a good deal!!

I texted a bunch of the teachers I've subbed for before aaaand I now have four days booked and a potential long term sub gig at one of our local magnet middle schools teaching English and US history. I don't usually do long term gigs bc it's only $8 more a day in exchange for a fuck ton more work buuut I wanna teach either of these subjects and it looks good on a resume. Also, the kids at this particular magnet are tiny nerds and one Teacher Look™ is enough to wrangle them 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is still a breeze compared to pretty much any other school.

altered

Working interview over. Paycheck acquired.

Job: acquired. Today's training and Monday will continue it it seems!