News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 15, 2019, 11:28:09 PM
Fair enough. Who else wants a piece of this? i can only harass him so many hours of the day, plus i have a hunch he may have sockpuppets.

This kid.
Molon Lube

altered

First week of work over. Verdict: I love this fucking job. Weird to say about mid to low tier customer service (we aren’t even trusted with our own goddamn emails) but also true. It’s satisfying work with lots of weird fucking puzzles to solve. It’s focused on being nice to people. It’s good shit.

Edit: there is no weirder feeling than end of day Friday, get off a call with a customer, look expectantly at the queue, and... the lines are closed. “What do you mean it’s midnight this is bullshit” while everyone else is like “no I’m fucking out of here”.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

hooplala

Quote from: Mangrove on August 15, 2019, 04:12:36 AM
Holy fuck! Facebook killed every Yahoo discussion group and yet, the Open Bar persists.

VICTORY!!!!!!!! :pax:

OMG it's Mangrove.... there is something in the water recently.

Good to see you again old friend!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Well, the Roy Bean account is disabled, having been reported by one of my stalkers as a fake name.

This really is kind of pathetic.  What kind of loser do you have to be, to be a perpetual snitch?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

Not to mention Roy Bean is a very real name. It's just not yours.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 20, 2019, 04:05:16 PM
Not to mention Roy Bean is a very real name. It's just not yours.

Meh, the account has been reported 4 times in two days, and I finally wasn't able to convince Zucc's robots that it was real.  Someone is my NUMBER ONE FAN!  :lulz:

This seems to be personal.  Whomever it is really hates me.

Good.
Molon Lube

Mangrove

Hey Guys!

Well, I gotta say I am really glad this place is still here. I haven't been involved in any forums for a very long time and a few nights ago I had this urge to check in and see if PD was still around or whether it was another Facebook induced wasteland.

And of course, having checked to see if PD still had I pulse, I went over to MysticWicks. No, I really truly did.  :lulz: It's as bad as you think it is, only with less people.

Biographical round up:

My business died circa 2015. I work in a Doctor's office. Mrs Mang' & I are on grandchild #3. I met Chick Corea in Albany (but only to irritate LMNO). A tree fell on our house 30th Oct 2016 and we got into a war with State Farm insurance (terrible company. Shun them at all costs). I still do not own a cell phone or a driver's license. I am running out of space to put all my books. I don't read/watch/listen to much news, so I am thoroughly out of the loop as far as pop culture goes. (Though I did hear that a game show host is running the country??)

What's everyone been up to?

Mang'.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

altered

Oh dear.

If you don't already know the whole story on Trump, become educated on it. It is worse than the tabloids could come up with. It makes the most rabid, feverish ideas surrounding political figures you've ever heard of sound positively mild.

Also, there are literal no shit neo-Nazis running in gangs from city to city, holding "free speech rallies" that are a thinly veiled excuse to be publicly racist; beat up leftists, women, lgbt folks and non-whites; and occasionally kill people. They end up outnumbered and humiliated most times.

You're out there missing the end of the world, Mang!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

What did your house do to piss off that tree?? ye probably deserved it.

It's always great to see you around here, Mangrove. What kinda stuff have you been reading?

It's funny how this place feels calm and quiet in comparison to facebook. Like, facebook is the crowded night club, this place is a dive bar where you can hear each other talk.

hooplala

Quote from: Cramulus on August 21, 2019, 01:48:26 PM
What did your house do to piss off that tree?? ye probably deserved it.

It's always great to see you around here, Mangrove. What kinda stuff have you been reading?

It's funny how this place feels calm and quiet in comparison to facebook. Like, facebook is the crowded night club, this place is a dive bar where you can hear each other talk.

Excuse me, we are the old leather queen bar with Disco Strangler by the Eagles playing on the Wurlitzer Zodiac jukebox.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Chelagoras The Boulder

So update on that dude I was talking about. I've been looking for a post that's worth ragging on, but I can't really find one? Like it seems like he's toned it down. I can't find a post of his that wouldn't fit in, well, HERE, TBH. I'm kinda hoping he's learned something rather than just gotten clever about how openly he can be a shitbag.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

altered

Thing with me and work: I always go above and beyond. User WiFi problems are not our problem, but this guy had a brand new router I had personally dealt with for years, and was incredibly familiar with. So I stepped in and started walking him through the steps.

And stopped.

The basic fucking settings like the checkbox for "radio" (e.g. disabling the 5GHz band) aren't there. Verizon sandboxed the whole fucking firmware into kindergarten mode.

So I told him to call them and yell over and over "Disable 5G" until hung up on or success. It's dirty pool, but they already told him they "couldn't" do it which is fucking lies and horseshit, and they stopped him from doing it himself, so fuck them.

chaotic neutral observer

Overheard:  "If there's anyone you like well enough to work with, but dislike enough to have them work here, please let me know."
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Mangrove

Quote from: nullified on August 21, 2019, 05:32:28 AM
Oh dear.

If you don't already know the whole story on Trump, become educated on it. It is worse than the tabloids could come up with. It makes the most rabid, feverish ideas surrounding political figures you've ever heard of sound positively mild.

Also, there are literal no shit neo-Nazis running in gangs from city to city, holding "free speech rallies" that are a thinly veiled excuse to be publicly racist; beat up leftists, women, lgbt folks and non-whites; and occasionally kill people. They end up outnumbered and humiliated most times.

You're out there missing the end of the world, Mang!

Trump? Shit. I was hoping it was Bob Barker from the Price Is Right.

Ok, so I might have exaggerated my media blackout.... :lol: But I am keeping a low intake. Right after the election I put a ban on political discussion in the house. I was upstairs noodling around on my saxophone and all I could hear from downstairs was the 'Charlie Brown cartoon teacher's voices' only more aggressive. It was wrecking my ability to focus on my practice. Anyway,  it's Mrs Mang' and her Fox addicted ex yammering on about the election. So I walked downstairs and yelled "EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP. I AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO THIS SHIT IN MY HOUSE FOR FOUR YEARS, ESPECIALLY OVER MY FOOD!!!!. Because no one was expecting me to stroll downstairs and flip out, it had the desired effect. Thus minimal Trump mentions and Mrs Mang' gave up watching the news because it was making her anxious and nauseous. She feels better and I don't have to listen to the microscopic analysis of every last molecule of McDonald's grease he happens to deposit onto his phone. I hope it's McDonald's grease....

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.