News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 02, 2018, 07:37:41 PM
I'm just sitting here watching Brett Kavenaugh get pushed under the bus.  :lulz:

Every fucking day is a festival.

And then, the inevitable happened.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on October 05, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
I'm just sitting here watching Brett Kavenaugh get pushed under the bus.  :lulz:

Trump went on Air Force 1 with toilet paper stuck to his shoe?

LMNO

That, too.  I meant more that Brett the Rapist Judge isn't getting quashed, he's getting support.

And the GOP base is getting riled up to vote in November.  So much for the "blue wave".

Cain

Apparently he had to write the WSJ op-ed because they still didn't have 50 votes.  But yeah.  And I've posted my thoughts on the "blue wave" already.

LMNO

It would have been a 'blue ripple', if anything.

Now, it's "welcome to the kleptocracy"

Cain

On the other hand, after that outburst during the last hearing, there will be a good argument from now to eternity to have him recuse himself from any strongly political case, since his bias is clear and overt. 

I mean, we all know where John Roberts stands, for example, but he also didn't make a complete arse of himself ranting about Clintonian conspiracy theories during his hearing.

LMNO

"Judge Kavenaugh, please recuse yourself from this case."

"NO."

"Uh.... ok, then."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 05, 2018, 12:59:18 PM

Yeah, the fat bastard was just hedging his bets.  I knew Flake was gonna flip, but I didn't expect Collins.
Molon Lube

Cain

I know he won't.  But the argument will get made, every time.  The video will get shown, every time.

If you want to start the ball rolling on Supreme Court reform, then that's going to be the centrepiece.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 05, 2018, 03:54:27 PM
On the other hand, after that outburst during the last hearing, there will be a good argument from now to eternity to have him recuse himself from any strongly political case, since his bias is clear and overt. 

I mean, we all know where John Roberts stands, for example, but he also didn't make a complete arse of himself ranting about Clintonian conspiracy theories during his hearing.

Also, with one glaring exception (Citizens United), Roberts' record hasn't actually been all that bad, considering who installed him.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 05, 2018, 02:57:47 PM
That, too.  I meant more that Brett the Rapist Judge isn't getting quashed, he's getting support.

And the GOP base is getting riled up to vote in November.  So much for the "blue wave".

If 41% of the left show up at the polls, I will kiss my own ass in public.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 05, 2018, 04:01:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 05, 2018, 03:54:27 PM

Also, with one glaring exception (Citizens United), Roberts' record hasn't actually been all that bad, considering who installed him.

Yeah, he's a judge first and foremost, which cannot be said of Kavanaugh, going by both his statements and his past rulings.

Doktor Howl

Today is gong to be busy for me, but check back later for some fucked up weirdness.  I have something that is too ticklish to not write down.
Molon Lube

LMNO

51-49 yea votes, confirmation votes starts tomorrow.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube