News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Quote from: axod on October 08, 2018, 07:20:25 PM
Quote from: Trivial on October 06, 2018, 03:44:05 AM
Dumpster dove some Quadro k6000.  Dunno if any work because my damn power supply is short a cable  :argh!:

My luck though is they're actually fried.

Could just be an ity bity resistor? Give us a ring next time, we have all diving certifications.

Quote from: Cain on October 08, 2018, 07:00:46 PM
Oh yeah, for sure it would be overkill and then some.  But for such a small price difference, I thought I'd mention the option.
I for one appreciate knowing that that might be overkill— at least now I know which way is up. its frankly disorienting, this technology is.

Many prospects here.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Q. G. Pennyworth

"Much of the information I've cribbed out of this book, but since I wrote the book it's probably okay."

I love academia sometimes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 09, 2018, 07:48:37 PM
"Much of the information I've cribbed out of this book, but since I wrote the book it's probably okay."

I love academia sometimes.

:lulz:

I have been caught lifting my own rants from here and posting them on facebook.

But, you know, they're mine, and I can cock & repost anytime I want.
Molon Lube

hooplala

So I went to Nashville seeking The American Dream and found out it's Disney Land for white bridal parties bouncing in the back of a school bus with the roof cut off to the same Shania Twain song over and over and over again.

I felt like I was in a play by Sartre.

Maybe that is the American Dream?

*edited for stupid spelling mistake
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

axod

Quote from: Trivial on October 09, 2018, 04:01:34 PM
Quote from: axod on October 08, 2018, 07:20:25 PM
Quote from: Trivial on October 06, 2018, 03:44:05 AM
Dumpster dove some Quadro k6000.  Dunno if any work because my damn power supply is short a cable  :argh!:

My luck though is they're actually fried.

Could just be an ity bity resistor? Give us a ring next time, we have all diving certifications.

Quote from: Cain on October 08, 2018, 07:00:46 PM
Oh yeah, for sure it would be overkill and then some.  But for such a small price difference, I thought I'd mention the option.
I for one appreciate knowing that that might be overkill— at least now I know which way is up. its frankly disorienting, this technology is.

Many prospects here.
I like.
just this

Doktor Howl

I am gaining a really, really good understand of how money moves.

People are stupid and refuse to learn.  Just putting that out there.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Been working 2nd shift 10 hour nights and it's exhausting and eating away at my time for here and most everything else. It will pay the bills though. I'm stamping out metal parts in a press shop. Last night I helped do 2500 wheel wells. My hands are adapting to the repetitive motion and my feet are made of leather so I'm actually not all that uncomfortable. I'm way behind on reading stuff here so I'll be picking through the threads piecemeal when I can. Just wanted you folks to know I'm doing ok and that I will still be around here from time to time. As a temp I'm not allowed overtime so I have Fridays off. That's probably when I'll be most involved here.

I'm spending most weekends with my GF! I'm pleased to say that I have a pretty great relationship going. It's done wonders for my mental outlook and motivation. It's nice to have someone to love again.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 13, 2018, 11:53:13 PM
Been working 2nd shift 10 hour nights and it's exhausting and eating away at my time for here and most everything else. It will pay the bills though. I'm stamping out metal parts in a press shop. Last night I helped do 2500 wheel wells. My hands are adapting to the repetitive motion and my feet are made of leather so I'm actually not all that uncomfortable. I'm way behind on reading stuff here so I'll be picking through the threads piecemeal when I can. Just wanted you folks to know I'm doing ok and that I will still be around here from time to time. As a temp I'm not allowed overtime so I have Fridays off. That's probably when I'll be most involved here.

I'm spending most weekends with my GF! I'm pleased to say that I have a pretty great relationship going. It's done wonders for my mental outlook and motivation. It's nice to have someone to love again.

Glad to hear things have stabilized. I was worried about you.

I mean, the Doktor still hates you and prays nightly for an asteroid, but I was still worried.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 13, 2018, 11:54:46 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 13, 2018, 11:53:13 PM

Glad to hear things have stabilized. I was worried about you.

I mean, the Doktor still hates you and prays nightly for an asteroid, but I was still worried.
Thanks for your concern man. I'm finally getting out of my long depression. I have to still take a bunch of meds, but it has worked pretty well and I'm back to living a life again. I'm hoping that my creative spark comes back soon. I want to tell tales and get my rant on. Hopefully with my change in outlook and a little encouragement I will be back on the horse in no time. My girl really likes the "Wizard" tales I've told her. I just have to get them written down. One step at a time.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Ziegejunge

Doktor Howl

So, the left-wing screeching about the dems has reached new levels on social media.  Apparently, if you vote to stop the redneck trash in the GOP, you are literally the next Hitler.

Do your part, America.  Shove a progressive down a manhole today.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2018, 04:22:24 PM
So, the left-wing screeching about the dems has reached new levels on social media.  Apparently, if you vote to stop the redneck trash in the GOP, you are literally the next Hitler.

Do your part, America.  Shove a progressive down a manhole today.

What's this now?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Trivial

That awkward moment when you get a call from the Florida EPA.    :horrormirth:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Trivial on October 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
That awkward moment when you get a call from the Florida EPA.    :horrormirth:

They don't seem to be very busy, for having their state wash out to sea.
Molon Lube