News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2018, 04:22:24 PM
So, the left-wing screeching about the dems has reached new levels on social media.  Apparently, if you vote to stop the redneck trash in the GOP, you are literally the next Hitler.

Do your part, America.  Shove a progressive down a manhole today.

Is this about Warren's DNA test fiasco?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on October 16, 2018, 05:39:51 PM
So, the left-wing screeching about the dems has reached new levels on social media.  Apparently, if you vote to stop the redneck trash in the GOP, you are literally the next Hitler.

What's this now?

I just had - and I'm not kidding, here - some raging berner tell me that he isn't voting this year because Bernie never even got a chance to run for the ticket.

I mean, nobody did.  IT'S NOT A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR.

I hate everyone.  I hate everyone and I demand a return of the Spanish flu.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 16, 2018, 07:54:42 PM

Is this about Warren's DNA test fiasco?

No, the progressives I'm talking about think Warren is part of the problem.
Molon Lube

Trivial

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2018, 07:54:02 PM
Quote from: Trivial on October 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
That awkward moment when you get a call from the Florida EPA.    :horrormirth:

They don't seem to be very busy, for having their state wash out to sea.

To explain the issue poorly: people are scared because europe is saying use gasmasks there after the hurricane took out their measuring tool.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2018, 07:55:32 PM

What's this now?

I just had - and I'm not kidding, here - some raging berner tell me that he isn't voting this year because Bernie never even got a chance to run for the ticket.

I wish people would stop ruining the term "progressive".  I mean, it's getting to be the same reaction when I tell people I'm a Discordian -- there are far too many assholes who don't get it, giving it a bad name.

Cain

What's this now?

Sounds like that corrupt DNC tbh

Brother Mythos

Quote from: LMNO on October 16, 2018, 08:33:05 PM

What's this now?

I wish people would stop ruining the term "progressive".  I mean, it's getting to be the same reaction when I tell people I'm a Discordian -- there are far too many assholes who don't get it, giving it a bad name.

Last week, I got tired of my Republicult™ neighbor carrying on about me being a "Librul." (I do not start political conversations with him, as they are a waste of my time.)

Now, in the not too distant past, I considered myself to be a "moderate." But, being a moderate doesn't seem to be possible these days.

As far as political party membership goes, I am, and have been for a couple of decades, officially registered as "non-affiliated." However, by today's standards in the era of Trump, I might as well be a Card-Carrying Communist. So, I calmly told the neighbor that I am a Communist.

He didn't believe me, so I guess I'm going to have to design and print-out a membership card. This is not over.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

hooplala

What's this now?

Yeah I've stopped telling people I'm from Earth. Everyone is giving me a bad name.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 16, 2018, 10:33:40 PM

What's this now?

Last week, I got tired of my Republicult™ neighbor carrying on about me being a "Librul." (I do not start political conversations with him, as they are a waste of my time.)

Now, in the not too distant past, I considered myself to be a "moderate." But, being a moderate doesn't seem to be possible these days.

As far as political party membership goes, I am, and have been for a couple of decades, officially registered as "non-affiliated." However, by today's standards in the era of Trump, I might as well be a Card-Carrying Communist. So, I calmly told the neighbor that I am a Communist.

He didn't believe me, so I guess I'm going to have to design and print-out a membership card. This is not over.

Remember to get a proper CPUSA one, none of that DSA nonsense.  Nothing worse than getting called out by Communists and Conservatives.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 16, 2018, 10:33:40 PM

What's this now?

Invite him to the secret meetings.
Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2018, 11:26:39 PM

Remember to get a proper CPUSA one, none of that DSA nonsense.  Nothing worse than getting called out by Communists and Conservatives.

Thanks for the advice.

I had to look up "DSA," as I had never heard of them. Then, I remembered having accidentally met some members of the Philadelphia Chapter of the CPUSA, back in the late seventies. They were in pretty bad shape back then, as their leader was clearly suffering from what is now commonly diagnosed as dementia. It wouldn't surprise me if those people morphed into today's DSA, as no one took them seriously as Communists.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 16, 2018, 11:57:10 PM

Invite him to the secret meetings.

I may offer to do that, but only if he invites me to one of his secret Klan Teabagger Tea Party meetings.

Anyway, I think I can work with these:

Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

minuspace

YouTub3 just crashed; I was checking-out maze-solving algorithms. Nothing to see here.

[edit: I was bored and looking forward to the bit on Godel's incompleteness theorem, clicked on it, and then everything went down. For some reason I find this marvelous]

Cain

Quote from: LuciferX on October 17, 2018, 02:37:27 AM
YouTub3 just crashed; I was checking-out maze-solving algorithms. Nothing to see here.

Yeah, it got me too.  At first I thought it was my browser fucking up, so I deleted all my cookies and history....but nope.  Google fucks up again (probably)

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on October 17, 2018, 02:49:16 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on October 17, 2018, 02:37:27 AM

Yeah, it got me too.  At first I thought it was my browser fucking up, so I deleted all my cookies and history....but nope.  Google fucks up again (probably)

I was projecting a negative value judgement: "man this guy needs to get a life" I kept saying to myself about the person I was watching. Then the irony hit me hard when it crashed on Godel's bit.  :lulz:

chaotic neutral observer

Sometimes, when a major internet service goes down, I imagine that the United States has been annihilated in a major nuclear attack.

But I always end up disappointed.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.