News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'm somewhat relieved that you got that joke in before I did.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on November 16, 2018, 01:34:58 PM
I'm somewhat relieved that you got that joke in before I did.

You can't do the heavy lifting all the time.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

Quote from: Hoopla! on November 16, 2018, 12:59:46 PM
I've been known for blowing out some diaphragms in my time.

Did it make a kazoo sound when you did?
Formerly something else...

Chelagoras The Boulder

I HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME FACEBOOK ARGUMENT ABOUT NANCY PELOSI FOR THE PAST 24 HRS SOMEONE KILL ME.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on November 19, 2018, 03:27:20 AM
I HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME FACEBOOK ARGUMENT ABOUT NANCY PELOSI FOR THE PAST 24 HRS SOMEONE KILL ME.
Will it change anything if you win?
If not, take control of the situation, and lose in the most glorious fashion possible.

Lose so that future generations will speak your name in a hushed whisper.  "Never has anyone in the history of the internet lost an argument so spectacularly."

But whatever you do, the important thing is to have a good time doing it.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I picked a fight with the head of security at Boston City Hall today.

altered

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 20, 2018, 02:15:38 AM

I need to know how that went.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: nullified on November 20, 2018, 03:54:48 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 20, 2018, 02:15:38 AM

I need to know how that went.

Honestly it was over really quick. The Boston Public School kids walked out and did a die-in at the Mayor's office and I went with some other folks to support them. The office is right by the elevators, so we were blocking the path, and I said something to the effect of "protests are supposed to be inconvenient" at him. He got all blustery and appealed to his own authority and said he could have me removed from the building, but declined to actually order any such thing when I said I was fine with that.

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Zuckerberg has fantastically broken Facebook, in case if anyone is wondering if it's just their connection.

Trivial

Coworker discovered that there's slashfic written about her involving her job here.  She's a tech support person too.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

So, HR is going to have a fun day, at least.

Trivial

Quote from: Cain on November 20, 2018, 04:19:32 PM
So, HR is going to have a fun day, at least.

Well, it's clients writing it.  They really like her disembodied voice.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.