News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on December 13, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
what's the central line? noisy train, I'm guessing?

do you mean that the flat mates bother you up when they come home at midnight?

It's one of the major tube lines through London.  As Faust says, it means getting onto trains where you're nose to nose with people if you're lucky.  I've had sex that was less intimate and involved less body contact.

And yeah.  They don't mean to, its not their fault that the walls are all paper thin.  They come home, they want to eat and have a smoke before bed.  That's pretty fair. Fortunately for now I still have use of the old place, so it's not a major deal.  But come January, I need alternative solutions.

Cain

altered

That's a panic attack, not a train station.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

Daaaamn, even worse than Grand Central at 9 AM

Trivial

Kiddo is getting a bone marrow biopsy Thursday.  Here's hoping it turns out normal.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Trivial on December 18, 2018, 04:58:02 AM
Kiddo is getting a bone marrow biopsy Thursday.  Here's hoping it turns out normal.

Here's hoping.   :)
Molon Lube

Messier Undertree

Trains here are far more crowded than that at rush hour but the Yamanote-sen lacks the low ceilings, angry people, and stench of sweat and desperation that make the London tube experience so unique.

hooplala

Got a new client at work... the Concordia Group.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Sepia

Hello, friends.

What happened to roger? I'm guessing there is no detailed chronicle regarding his departure

Any other interesting old-fart departures?
Everyone will always be too late

Cain

Quote from: Sepia on January 05, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Hello, friends.

What happened to roger? I'm guessing there is no detailed chronicle regarding his departure

He passed away in a tragic weasel-wrangling incident on the I-90.  Sad, but what can you expect when motorcycling?

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2019, 04:34:11 PM
Quote from: Sepia on January 05, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Hello, friends.

He passed away in a tragic weasel-wrangling incident on the I-90.  Sad, but what can you expect when motorcycling?

There are worse ways to go than ferret-legging at 120mph.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Sepia

Everyone will always be too late