News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sepia on January 06, 2019, 02:01:56 PM
rip in peace roger

ferret

legged

We buried him in a jam jar and threw it into the sewer, per his wishes.
Molon Lube

axod

dog died today. trustees stealing 20G per year. tomorrow, well, you know.
just this

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Yeah, same.  It's always bad when a dog dies on you.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

"we need to find the right balance" is the styrofoam packing peanuts of things to say in a meeting.

In every planning meeting I've ever attended, some manager or exec lists two possible failure scenarios (usually things that other people just brought up) and concudes "we just need to find a path between these two"

ohhhh shit we got a real brain-genius over here. GOD DAMN, look at those leadership skills.

Cain

Sounds like they need to agily externalize their assets more efficiently, IMO.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 07, 2019, 08:29:54 PM
"we need to find the right balance" is the styrofoam packing peanuts of things to say in a meeting.

In every planning meeting I've ever attended, some manager or exec lists two possible failure scenarios (usually things that other people just brought up) and concudes "we just need to find a path between these two"

ohhhh shit we got a real brain-genius over here. GOD DAMN, look at those leadership skills.

I usually say "the data is inconclusive", then sit back and watch competing egos fight over the best way to lose your ass.
Molon Lube

axod

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 07, 2019, 09:09:25 PM

I usually say "the data is inconclusive", then sit back and watch competing egos fight over the best way to lose your ass.
Last thing I heard was "cover ier ass"
just this

chaotic neutral observer

Make an action item to record these scenarios in the risk register, and then investigate parallel implementation strategies.

I mean, if you don't know what you're doing, just try a bunch of different things.  One of them has to work, right?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

axod

just this

Faust

I had this recently, I made the mistake of saying "The options are irreconcilable, pick one and do it well", I've never made my bosses angry (to the point of turning red) as telling them they cant have the cake and eat it too.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on January 08, 2019, 09:45:37 AM

I had this recently, I made the mistake of saying "The options are irreconcilable, pick one and do it well", I've never made my bosses angry (to the point of turning red) as telling them they cant have the cake and eat it too.

EVERY.  DAY.  OF MY.  LIFE.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Well, it finally happened.  My newsfeed slideshow thingie was entirely links to clickbait.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Well I'm on the job hunting trail again. I've been through three jobs and each for various reasons has not worked out so far. Tomorrow I sign up with the staffing agencies in town. I'm also going to apply at an electronics recycling plant. I'm real good with a soldering iron and have a background in electronic assembly. I could just as easily sort and disassemble stuff.

On a personal note things are still going very well with me and my GF! She's been very understanding of my troubles, and is just an awesome person in general.

My Phablet died. All of my interactions here and on Facebook are going to be through a cheap phone. I do intend to participate more though. As soon as I have stable work I may even be able to help fund some projects. For some reason I can't seem to quit discordia, so I might as well get to participating!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Oh good.  In addition to my shower and my washing machine, now my internet is fucked too.

Dial-up would be an improvement on this