News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Woo kiddo's bone marrow is normal, so now it's looking at genetics again to see wtf is eating his platelets.  Here's hoping that all looks normal and his immune system is just slightly confused at the moment.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Yeah, the remaining options are not as scary as bone marrow gone bad. 
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: Trivial on January 09, 2019, 05:37:20 PM
Woo kiddo's bone marrow is normal, so now it's looking at genetics again to see wtf is eating his platelets.  Here's hoping that all looks normal and his immune system is just slightly confused at the moment.

How old is he?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Trivial

Quote from: Hoopla! on January 09, 2019, 09:32:06 PM

How old is he?
16 months.

The next scary test is Fanconi's anemia. 

hooplala

Quote from: Trivial on January 09, 2019, 09:37:43 PM

How old is he?
16 months.

Have they checked if it is idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura? I had that around that age and it sounds pretty similar.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Trivial

Quote from: Hoopla! on January 10, 2019, 04:31:09 AM
Quote from: Trivial on January 09, 2019, 09:37:43 PM

How old is he?
16 months.

Have they checked if it is idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura? I had that around that age and it sounds pretty similar.

Well, itp is usually something that goes away after 12 months, at least what the hematologist said. I think with some of his other health issues they just want to tie it to a neat package.  Sometimes a kid is just unlucky.  Other issues have resolved.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Cain

My flat mates really are unrepentant douchebags (he said, typing this while having his headphones on and still able to hear their music over his own).  It's exactly like having to deal with students all over again, down to the incessant pot smoking, not going to bed until 5am and letting doors slam because fuck everyone else who's trying to sleep, right?

Fortunately, I seem to have found a decent new place.  Going to take a couple of days to confirm, but it would somehow result in a faster commute, despite being further out from central London and thus giving me more space for about the same price.

Trivial

Weather Forecast models are shit now possibly due to government shutdown.  Now you're going to see which weather anchors actually preview the show before on air.

Cain

Pergamos

My beloved is about to have her gallbladder removed. It's simple routine surgery but we are both still scared. The past few days have been hell for her.