Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on February 26, 2019, 04:38:55 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 26, 2019, 04:05:43 AM
So, both the jeep and the toyota having been totaled by Tucson incompetence, I have bought a Lincoln Towncar.

I dare you, Tucson.  I fucking double dog dare you.

Now, get out there on the highway, play "Ride of the Valkyries" as loud as your eardrums can stand it, and see what that Town Car can do!

Or, if you're in a more mellow mood, "Hot Rod Lincoln" is an excellent choice.

FWIW, I went the other way. I traded in my old worse-for-wear-and-tear gray '89 Town Car in for a Jeep Wrangler. I like the Jeep, but I still miss The Dreadnought.

Karl Orff
Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 26, 2019, 04:44:25 AM
So, both the jeep and the toyota having been totaled by Tucson incompetence, I have bought a Lincoln Towncar.

Now, get out there on the highway, play "Ride of the Valkyries" as loud as your eardrums can stand it, and see what that Town Car can do!

FWIW, I went the other way. I traded in my old worse-for-wear-and-tear gray '89 Town Car in for a Jeep Wrangler. I like the Jeep, but I still miss The Dreadnought.

Karl Orff

"Carmina Burana" is certainly a good choice, but I'm more of an "Apocalypse Now" kind of guy.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

LMNO

Karl Orff

Bollocks.  You know what song to play.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 26, 2019, 04:38:08 PM

Karl Orff

Bollocks.  You know what song to play.

What the fuck was I thinking?
Molon Lube

LMNO

This is why I keep coming to the boards.  TO KEEP YOU MOTHERFUCKERS POINTED TO THE LIGHT.

Doktor Howl

I keep coming back because I am a cargo cultist that thinks that if I perform the right dance steps or whatnot, this place will deliver the goods it delivered between 2006 and 2013.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 26, 2019, 04:50:16 PM
I keep coming back because I am a cargo cultist that thinks that if I perform the right dance steps or whatnot, this place will deliver the goods it delivered between 2006 and 2013.

Proof that Apathetic God Theory is truer than Malevolent God Theory.

Don Coyote

Al Qədic

Since this is an open bar, and many open bars have a working jukebox and cause I don't wanna make a new thread just for this...happy National Brotherhood Week, all! This late, great holiday is almost over (we're on day 8 of 10 of the week!), so get out there and smile at the people you don't give a damn about. Putting up with them just means more chances to confuse them! :lulz:
https://youtu.be/CgASBVMyVFI
https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-02-21/whatever-became-national-brotherhood-week
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

altered

I'm not good for much, but I can shovel snow like a maniac.

I thought I'd not get too many opportunities to show my snow shoveling stamina and ability, but I'd get a little bit. Michigan, end of winter, yknow.

It's not as bad as the single winter storm (literally just one worth remembering) that I spent in Boston with QGP and company, but by god, it just never stops. We had three clear days, just enough to get a nice crust of ice that fucks up the shovel blade and makes it impossible to dig in there nicely, then bam, a good half foot overnight, and my dumb ass started shoveling while it was still falling and has a wild compulsion to have at least gotten enough snow cleared on every important surface that I can't scrape more up with the shovel blade.

My hands look like I put them in Enrico Salazar's chamberpot after a good night out.

I'm going to sleep.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

shit fuck damn, I just closed a tab where I had like 4 pages written  :argh!:

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on February 27, 2019, 09:28:09 PM
control shift t to reopen tab, and there is a chance it is still there.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: nullified on February 27, 2019, 12:15:43 PM
I'm not good for much, but I can shovel snow like a maniac.

I thought I'd not get too many opportunities to show my snow shoveling stamina and ability, but I'd get a little bit. Michigan, end of winter, yknow.

It's not as bad as the single winter storm (literally just one worth remembering) that I spent in Boston with QGP and company, but by god, it just never stops. We had three clear days, just enough to get a nice crust of ice that fucks up the shovel blade and makes it impossible to dig in there nicely, then bam, a good half foot overnight, and my dumb ass started shoveling while it was still falling and has a wild compulsion to have at least gotten enough snow cleared on every important surface that I can't scrape more up with the shovel blade.

My hands look like I put them in Enrico Salazar's chamberpot after a good night out.

I'm going to sleep.

Legends of the Salazar chamberpot still whisper on the foam of the world's waves.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Quote from: Faust on February 27, 2019, 09:41:33 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on February 27, 2019, 09:28:09 PM
control shift t to reopen tab, and there is a chance it is still there.

IT WORKED! YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD

burns told me the same thing AND WAS RIGHT

MUAH MUAH MUAH

(that's me kissing your avatar)

MUAH MUAH MUAHMUAHmuahmuahmuahnom

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on February 27, 2019, 12:15:43 PM
We had three clear days, just enough to get a nice crust of ice that fucks up the shovel blade and makes it impossible to dig in there nicely,

I like those old-timey steel shovels.  They're a lot heavier, but the aluminum snow shovels they sell nowadays flex too much to deal with the denser stuff (and if you try to put any weight into them, the edge takes damage).
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.