News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2019, 07:33:47 PM
Quote from: Trivial on March 13, 2019, 07:00:30 PM
It's back  :argh!:

Still fucked here

Yeah I'm having problems accessing my profile and groups. Was about to go fishing for submissions to Holy Nonsense. Apparently we've gotten some submissions back already but according to Q.G. they're not... They're not great.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Telarus

I thought my browser was on the fritz. I would load a blank page, and in the Source Code view everything was good except for except a blank <body></body> tag.... Damn zukerburg  :argh!:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Johnny

Well, today is Ron L. Hubbard's birthday, so the internet Spiders must be too busy celebrating  :?

:magick:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on March 13, 2019, 09:23:16 PM

Well, today is Ron L. Hubbard's birthday, so the internet Spiders must be too busy celebrating  :?

:lulz: :lulz:

I wonder how the scientologists feel about him, Jack Parsons, the whole Babalon working thing.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 13, 2019, 09:30:32 PM

I wonder how the scientologists feel about him, Jack Parsons, the whole Babalon working thing.

I believe their official word on that is that LRH was working undercover for the US Navy, and had to blend in.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hoopla! on March 13, 2019, 09:51:15 PM

I believe their official word on that is that LRH was working undercover for the US Navy, and had to blend in.

Blend in by playing Kelly to Parson's Dee?
I guess we are what we pretend to be.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 13, 2019, 09:56:10 PM

It was his patriotic duty to engage in magical sodomy in the desert.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hoopla! on March 13, 2019, 10:12:26 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 13, 2019, 09:56:10 PM

It was his patriotic duty to engage in magical sodomy in the desert.

:lulz: if I could put that in the news feed I would!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Can you even imagine working for FB right now?  You're trying to fix shit and a few hundred million people are all trying to log in every second, for hours.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Wizard Joseph

Facebook is still a no-go for me. I can see things and my profile, and the profiles of others, but I can't post or even like things. This is kind of getting on my nerves because I have some fishing and questions to ask for Holy Nonsense.

Grrrr :argh!:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

I don't want to have to be the one to point out to people that we're not missing much here, but... we're not missing much here.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 12, 2019, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 12, 2019, 06:27:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 12, 2019, 05:42:53 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 12, 2019, 12:32:04 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 12, 2019, 12:14:56 AM
I thought I had the worst job in the world, only it's the second-worst job in the world.  I know this because I was just offered a job that makes my current job look morally okay.

But you're not a lawyer?

"Industrial intelligence analyst."

Close enough.  Doing a discovery is just legal spying.

Most of it's not even that cool, really.  It's mostly watching markets and seeing what goes plonk and why.

Speaking of which...guess what our company's long term strategy is intended to be?

I'm not sure if they have realised that providing market intelligence of areas of interest to law firms means having accurate market intelligence on everything that makes money.

The tail is going to end up wagging the dog.

LMNO

Well, it's good to be the one holding the leash then, I guess?