News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on March 22, 2019, 02:10:05 AM

Are I the harbinger of the Spagocalypse or who came back earlier?

I really wonder what triggered it.
Eris is waking back up :fnord:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

I recall someone rejoining the forum shortly before you. I don't remember who it was though.

We should start a betting pool on who returns next, and whether we get another returnee before another dumbass says something racist and gets themselves banned while fighting with an admin and stanning for Nazis.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 22, 2019, 03:01:50 AM

Did you say The Words?!

I know I sure as fuck didn't do it, so it has to be one of you other guys. Either way, if she's awake the only thing to do now is to roll underneath a sturdy wooden bed that has been bolted to the floor and hope we survive the aftermath.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: nullified on March 22, 2019, 03:15:13 AM

I recall someone rejoining the forum shortly before you. I don't remember who it was though.

We should start a betting pool on who returns next, and whether we get another returnee before another dumbass says something racist and gets themselves banned while fighting with an admin and stanning for Nazis.

Ah i wished some of the australian cheeky mates were around, but i sure dont miss BH nor yatto **shudders**

Someone actually got banned? Thats extraordinary
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on March 22, 2019, 03:18:51 AM
Did you say The Words?!

I know I sure as fuck didn't do it, so it has to be one of you other guys. Either way, if she's awake the only thing to do now is to roll underneath a sturdy wooden bed that has been bolted to the floor and hope we survive the aftermath.

I've been saying "Surprise me, Eris" for about a week, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary happening.  I haven't even noticed myself trying to notice things out of the ordinary.

Do you have to be a real Discordian for it to work?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 22, 2019, 03:01:50 AM

Did you say The Words?!

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 22, 2019, 04:47:28 AM
Did you say The Words?!

I've been saying "Surprise me, Eris" for about a week, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary happening.  I haven't even noticed myself trying to notice things out of the ordinary.

Do you have to be a real Discordian for it to work?

Please stop, today i did my laundry, sweeped and mopped the floor, and when you accidentaly from all the invoking its gonna get all over the place.  :horrormirth:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 22, 2019, 04:47:28 AM
I've been saying "Surprise me, Eris" for about a week,

:omg:                                                                            :omg:

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Telarus

Holyshit spags. I'm 38 years old today.

Thank you, Eris, for giving me the Strife I could handle for the past 38 years (and none of that apocalypse-now level shit).

DRINKS FOR EVERYONE SCRID

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

LMNO

hooplala

Happy birthday Telarus!!

I'll have a martini, Scrid.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Happy birthday Telarus. You're still relatively Young, and one day I hope that you become an excellent cranky old coot of a wizard!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Zenpatista

I am not on here much. But, I was just in a meeting where someone said FAPT. And I had to stifle myself. Faculty Affairs and Promotion to Tenure is apparently not a laughing matter.  :fap: