News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Today:

I was reaching to unplug a cable, and zapped the little finger of my left hand at 60V.  Tingly and unpleasant, not to mention startling.  It's not as if I brushed my finger against that capacitor's case on purpose, but I didn't expect it to be halfway to line voltage, either.  Good thing I did that one-handed.  I will now give the power supply a wide berth, and unplug the cable at the other end.  I sometimes suspect that I'm a whole lot stupider/clumsier than I give myself credit for.

A mix-up with a certain mutual fund company resulted in some awkwardness at the local bank branch.  Probably weirder for the teller than for me.  (Side note: never buy mutual funds from a neighbour, even if you've known them for years and they're employed with a major financial institution.  His interests are not your interests, and you'll be lucky to beat inflation.)

While walking back from the bank, I saw some broccoli florets scattered under a pine tree.  I'm sure there was some sort of interesting story there.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Chelagoras The Boulder

went to the first LA rideshare Drivers strike. The strike went well i think, but FUCK do i need to stay off the rideshare FB groups. Motherfucking bootlicker douchebags openly BRAGGING about having scabbed today. "Yea i love it when you guys strike. I got so many rides today. Keep it up!" I'm actively wondering what the odds are on more of them being deliberate plants or fucking morons.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstien

Quote from: nullified on March 25, 2019, 09:26:51 PM
This kind of BS is why I dropped out of tabletop communities. I had a tabletop system I was working on focused on politics, social combat and heist sort of gameplay, and the communities soured me on ever fleshing it out beyond running, max, one campaign with some friends some day.

Heist you say?

It plays even better than it reads.

Junkenstien

That is horribly sized and I'm not even going to try and fix that.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Sung Low

A podcast I've been listening to

https://www.earwolf.com/show/beautiful-anonymous/

just people being decent with each other, which isn't a bad thing at all

The d key has chosen to absent itself

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Chelagoras The Boulder

tbh i thought Chuck Berry had died during the last Cool Person Purge of 2015
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on March 30, 2019, 05:26:19 PM
tbh i thought Chuck Berry had died during the last Cool Person Purge of 2015

Mandela Effect!  Jk

I got my license reinstated. Had to take a boring online course and pay some money, but I got it done. I'd been driving illegal for like 5 months!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

oh what a relief--that's great news

for this occasion, I'm just gonna close my eyes and pick an emote or two at random

:cramulus: :baby:

The Wizard Joseph

:lulz: :lulz:

The startled baby one gets me everytime.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Al Qədic

Happy Trans Day of Visibility, spags. Also happy 29-Part-IV-th birthday to my high school math teacher. Now that I think about it, his startled reaction face (dubbed by him to be the Face of Cornfusion™) could make a good emote. :lol:

But anyway, it being the abovementioned visibility day, some fabulous weirdos went and covered a map on pixelplace.io (you remember r/place? Yeah, that's a thing again now) in rainbows and other assorted pride flags, and I jumped in with a golden apple on one of em; Eris is slapped right on southern South America. Enjoy, and apologies in advance for the terrible picture quality, but at least the apple becomes more apple-shaped.

https://m.imgur.com/a/WYChWEn
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Fujikoma

I fail to understand the visibility thing. Why can't we all be ninja?.. anyway, yes, happy trans day of visibility, some of you fuckers are hot.

Cain

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 01, 2019, 03:02:57 AMWhy can't we all be ninja?

Because only real Gs move in silence, like lasagna.

I swear we all went over this in 2016...

hooplala

Trans Day of Visibility is April Fool's Day? Or was this posted yesterday?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman