News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

The TV version of What We Do in the Shadows had a good take on vampire larping.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Fujikoma

Last time I played a WoD game, I won, playing one of those ugly-ass vampires, and the rest of the characters died, not like we were attacking the problem at different speeds, I didn't get that, and the DM was like, "Fuck, you figured it all out..." "Yeah, that's because I dumped all my points into resources."

EDIT: I mean, I thought the DM was cute but like, he knew that from the time we spent in high school already... he ran a group with us and literally everyone else died... He was neither expecting them to die, nor for me to loose the supervillain monologue on his supervillain at the end. He expected at least a couple of them to survive to stop me.

Fujikoma

My stupid vampire managed to negotiate quite a nice spot with those vampires once it was done, and all the other players were dead, so no follow up.

Bruno

If they ever make a Muppet version of Naked Lunch, they should let Gonzo Play the role of Doctor Henway.
Formerly something else...

Faust

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 09, 2019, 11:23:44 AM
If they ever make a Muppet version of Naked Lunch, they should let Gonzo Play the role of Doctor Henway.
There's the horrifying story of him doing open heart surgery on a pregnant woman in the bathroom of the subway with a plunger, imagining gonzo doing that makes it way better.

Jim Henson Productions and lucas arts can consult on the Mugwamp puppet, animatronic or hand manipulated, jizzing from its head
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Johnny

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2019, 12:27:22 PM
There's the horrifying story of him doing open heart surgery on a pregnant woman in the bathroom of the subway with a plunger, imagining gonzo doing that makes it way better.

Jim Henson Productions and lucas arts can consult on the Mugwamp puppet, animatronic or hand manipulated, jizzing from its head

We will not be living in a Brave New Worldtm until we see a Muppet adaptation of Sartre's works
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

Quote from: The Johnny on April 09, 2019, 02:23:16 PM

We will not be living in a Brave New Worldtm until we see a Muppet adaptation of Sartre's works

The Wizard Joseph

Just finished my first interview for the foundery job. I think it went very well! Now my application goes to the supervisors and if they accept me I'll have a second interview into tour. Then there will be a drug screen and a physical examination to see if I can physically do the job. There's also a background check. I don't expect a problem with any of these. Hopefully within a week I'll start a new career working iron. I very much need regular physical exertion for my health. The first few weeks are going to be rather painful but after that once I've adapted I expect to get a lot stronger and more physically healthy. I'll probably even lose weight, which I very much need to do before I hit 40.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on April 09, 2019, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on April 09, 2019, 02:23:16 PM

:golfclap:

altered

While I kept running off into tangents while trying to post to the Cancel Culture thread, I found out one of the only extreme metal dudes I had thought was cool apparently raped a woman.

This would have been bad enough.

He also misgendered his trans bandmate while talking to me and took credit for all of her fucking musical and creative decisions, while telling me straightfaced that he was trans friendly.

I'm reaching out to that lady now but fuck's sake. I'm furious. He's got a terminal illness and I'd still sock him in the fucking mouth if I met him now. What a piece of shit. I talked his fucking music up because I thought he was decent. He can choke on asphalt.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Al Qədic

TIL that it's been a whole damn year to the day since the cunt who ran NXIVM got arrested. Given the pile of human shit that he was/is, and the atrocious behavior that has made the "company" infamous, I dunno if this occasion calls more for  :lulz: or  :horrormirth:. In any case, let's hope he rots in prison; maybe he'll get a "tattoo" of his own some day.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Fujikoma

Are you somehow surprised by humanity being pond scum?

altered

I have the best bad news (or worst good news) I've had in a long time.

For the first time in around a full year I have more than a month's notice that I need to find a new situation. For the first time in around 10-11 months I have more than 30 days to panic-search for a new place to live.

And for the first time ever, I have an actual lead prepared for this eventuality /before I hear about it/.

I'm not sure whether to cry, laugh, scream or all at once.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: nullified on April 15, 2019, 01:11:24 AM
I have the best bad news (or worst good news) I've had in a long time.

For the first time in around a full year I have more than a month's notice that I need to find a new situation. For the first time in around 10-11 months I have more than 30 days to panic-search for a new place to live.

And for the first time ever, I have an actual lead prepared for this eventuality /before I hear about it/.

I'm not sure whether to cry, laugh, scream or all at once.

Hang in there nullified. I hope that things take a turn for the better.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm missing the funeral today. His mom has been amazing but this still hurts.