Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

so its been a while since i mentioned what i'm up to on this place so here goes: was working with autistic?mentally handicapped adults, decided 15 bux an hour was way too little pay to get slapped around for no reason with little behavioral training, quit that to try my hand at doing Lyft full time while swearing to work on my podcast which i defied all expectation by ACTUALLY DOING, realized I had chosen to pursue full-time rideshare driving at the exact point in history where that's no longer a viable income source, and went crawling back to the mental health field to work with autistic children for 17 bux an hour. So a net gain, overall.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 07, 2019, 04:00:38 AM
so its been a while since i mentioned what i'm up to on this place so here goes: was working with autistic?mentally handicapped adults, decided 15 bux an hour was way too little pay to get slapped around for no reason with little behavioral training, quit that to try my hand at doing Lyft full time while swearing to work on my podcast which i defied all expectation by ACTUALLY DOING, realized I had chosen to pursue full-time rideshare driving at the exact point in history where that's no longer a viable income source, and went crawling back to the mental health field to work with autistic children for 17 bux an hour. So a net gain, overall.

It's weird how people get really good at something, but it's not always what they like.  A properly ordered universe would have peoples' aptitudes match their preferences.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Chelagoras The Boulder

I know right? Like on paper I should be some kind of theater kid, but it just never happened.

Link to podcast: https://anchor.fm/dorksanddiscourse
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Bruno

Is it weird that I need to catch a buzz to watch Handmaid's tale?

Without at least 3 beers in me, it just stresses me out and I start shopping for guns, again.

Seems unhealthy on maybe a couple of levels.
Formerly something else...

Al Qədic

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 08, 2019, 09:28:01 AM

Without at least 3 beers in me, it just stresses me out and I start shopping for guns, again.

As someone who recently started watching that show, I can't blame you. The political commentary embedded into the plot is both disgusting and fascinating as hell.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Nephew Twiddleton

Pretty sure my coworkers at shit second job were exchanging some kind of white drug that comes in little plastic bags. Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but the boss is also my friend and roommate, so it puts me in a rather difficult position. The way I see it is I have two options: ignore it and if they do it again, go, "you know that I live with the boss, right? I don't care of you like drugs, but don't be obvious about having them on you here" or I can be like, "check the security cameras from last night, look for blatant stupidity."

On the bright side, I only need to work there for 16 more days total in order to have enough money until September 20, when regular paychecks for TAing resume. Also, I don't have a wedding to pay for anymore, so, regular monthly sacrifice no longer occurs.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bruno

Quote from: Al Qədic on June 09, 2019, 07:14:51 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on June 08, 2019, 09:28:01 AM

As someone who recently started watching that show, I can't blame you. The political commentary embedded into the plot is both disgusting and fascinating as hell.

Thing is, I'm starting a diet, which is going to mean cutting out the 3 or 4 beers after work 5-6 nights a week. I've spent about a third of my gun budget for the year, and the year is about a third over, so I'm good there. But now that I'm giving up my crutch, things are bound to escalate.

Fortunately, I'll have more money since I'm not spending it on booze anymore. So I guess it works out.
Formerly something else...

Al Qədic

I forgot to bookmark it, I can't think of the right keywords to save my life, and I can't remember what threads have a link to it; anyone remember the thread where a challenge to let Eris fuck someone's shit for 30 days resulted in Cram (probably Cram, might've been LMNO) writing a parable about death by madness mantra? That was a good'un, I wanna save that for later.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Nephew Twiddleton

That was LMNO, I think it's in Literate Chaotic.

I'm pretty sure the thread is called thirty days of Eris
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: nullified on March 22, 2019, 01:03:30 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on March 22, 2019, 12:39:06 AM
What's this, people are posting? YES.
But what's this, it's jobs and insurance and the DMV?  :?
Cram's fake doctor is cool, though.  :lulz:

By god, I saw your avatar and had flashbacks to the drug threads. It was like seeing the moment of my death from outside of my body.

DRUGZ AND RHWN AND YR CHIDREN AND...never mind.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

So tomorow or Monday, I find out if I have in fact found the worst job yet.

Which would be better than what I have now.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 14, 2019, 06:00:06 AM
So tomorow or Monday, I find out if I have in fact found the worst job yet.

Which would be better than what I have now.
I wish you luck, if that's appropriate.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."