News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: TastyCle on July 01, 2019, 01:01:26 PM
So, where is everyone? Legends tell that once the place was thriving and filled with actual people. For some reason i keep refreshing the page like this was some social  media. Does anything happen like, ever?

Yes, but we only talk in the Secret Forum now.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

So, where is everyone? Legends tell that once the place was thriving and filled with actual people. For some reason i keep refreshing the page like this was some social  media. Does anything happen like, ever?
We're still here, but it's a different place.

I haven't done an open bar thing in a while; Work is... work (I no longer make things, I write up plans how to make things) and I feel like someone tricked me into doing something less fun then I was. It's also a massive time sink so the few hobbies I have get neglected (cough fix the css in the mobile theme)
I have been sporadically doing a Call of Cthulu game with experimental scenarios and I am looking forward to trying out Fiasco since Flirtini recommended it and I picked up a copy.
After a shameful year and a half of no reading I have started back with some Mary Renault stuff (The King must die and the Persian Boy) oh and Johnathan Hickmans The Black Monday Murders, that's really good.

So, how are things? (you, yes you reading this)
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Chelagoras The Boulder

short answer: no. Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooope.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Doktor Howl

Dude, Facebook killed just about every forum on the internet.  This place puked out in 2015.
Molon Lube

Cain

Which was actually a pretty good showing, IMO. Apart from the very largest forums, most of them croaked out well before.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2019, 02:02:52 AM
Which was actually a pretty good showing, IMO. Apart from the very largest forums, most of them croaked out well before.

debatepolitics is still there, and maybe 2-3 more that I know of.

I define "still there" as "people posting about as fast I as I can keep up."
Molon Lube

Trivial

My favorite forum peoples went to facebook and then migrated to discord. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Norman

Purity tests are a real bitch

Al Qədic

Quote from: Faust on July 01, 2019, 11:30:44 PM
I can't complain, but I want to.

I'm writing a parable, amassing hundreds of pictures for a collage, one of my favorite mobile games just got its last major update sans some bug fixes and tweaks down the road, I have a psych eval scheduled Wednesday for the sake of starting transition, and I'm heading to a local pride event in a couple weeks with my adorably-proud-and-loving mother.

I'm also being reminded of my immediate family's stagnating problems more often than I'd like, have a rough month ahead of me in the form of a fast-paced writing class that will surely be as Bureaucratic as it's predecessors were, and, well, LDRs are always fun.

Life is good. But the fact that I don't truly know how good I have it means that sometimes life feels like shit.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

TastyCle

I've seen people shitpost in facebook. They are not fun at all.
Quote from: Faust on July 01, 2019, 11:30:44 PM
I decided that university is for nerds, mainly because they didn't let me in. So now I'm gonna get a real job from trade school. How does one convince to itself and ones around it that it's actually unhealthy to be intellectual. Do I need  become an unronical Pol Pot fangirl or something to save my ego?
Very painful to get rid of, why even bother.

Doktor Howl

I have not had a broken rib for decades.  I forgot how Goddamn annoying it is.  Every time you move, God puts a cigarette out on you.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 03, 2019, 02:36:51 AM
I have not had a broken rib for decades.  I forgot how Goddamn annoying it is.  Every time you move, God puts a cigarette out on you.

How did that happen? (Hopefully putting the fear of "Bob" into some nazis.)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cramulus

Dear Tastycle,

if discordians no here
why me a dog can type???

Norman