News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Mangrove on August 15, 2019, 04:12:36 AM
Holy fuck! Facebook killed every Yahoo discussion group and yet, the Open Bar persists.

VICTORY!!!!!!!! :pax:

Holy fuckballs it's Mangrove!

By god where have you been??? How have you been??? What have you done???
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Holy fuck! Facebook killed every Yahoo discussion group and yet, the Open Bar persists.

Who do you think Facebook paid to kill Yahoo?

8)

The Wizard Joseph

Viva Discordia and welcome back!

PD. com: We are small but we are fierce
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Hey, Mang!
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 15, 2019, 12:24:53 PM

We actually just developed Stockholm's over the years.  :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on August 15, 2019, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 15, 2019, 12:24:53 PM

We actually just developed Stockholm's over the years.  :fnord:

PD was briefly unreachable by my phone yesterday. I didn't freak out but I was deeply worried something had happened to it. A lot of my writings on here are not backed up anywhere else. I was struck by a vision of my life without PD. It was a much sadder life. If this is Stockholm Syndrome I don't want to be well!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Frontside Back

"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Welcome back, Person I'm Only Half Certain I Remember Interacting With!

so i'm half wanting to vent and half wanting some help with this. There's a dude i know through my Rocky Horror troupe, and i swear this guy is one red hat away from being a goddamn Nazi. His posts are a constant stream of the kind of cringy edgelord shit that was funny in middle school. I finally had to talk to him about keeping his Nazi jokes out of our RH group chat(which is basically a bunch of Rocky horror peeps posting memes about cheese) and he started pouting about how he should be able to make nazi jokes wherever he wants, and how Nazis aren't really a threat to anyone because the left just CALLS everyone they don't like a Nazi, and then just withdrew and kept making his shit jokes elsewhere. I'm wondering if its worth fucking with this guy or just blocking him from my social media life. One of my friends is his ex, says that hes always like this and this is exactly why she holds him in disdain, but the energy and possible intergroup drama this might cause might not be worth the headache. Thoughts?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cramulus

speaking as someone who doesn't have to hang out with him in any capacity, I say poke & provoke until allllll the true colors come out.

we have to stop letting assholes feel welcome in shared spaces

we have to stop ceding ground

I'll remind you that MANY Facebook groups (like most of the Discordian Societies and, to varying degree, the Robert Anton Wilson Fan group) went directly into the shitter in 2015. During this time, we watched ironic horribleness gradually transition into authentic horribleness. People said shitty things and then acted like any negative response was just special snowflake oversensitivity. Fuck all that noise and the horse it rode in on.

LMNO

If he's not part of the troupe or social media group anymore, let him go.  You won't convince him.

If he is still part of the "shared space" as Cram says, then call him out whenever he does shitty things.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 15, 2019, 07:35:34 PM

so i'm half wanting to vent and half wanting some help with this. There's a dude i know through my Rocky Horror troupe, and i swear this guy is one red hat away from being a goddamn Nazi. His posts are a constant stream of the kind of cringy edgelord shit that was funny in middle school. I finally had to talk to him about keeping his Nazi jokes out of our RH group chat(which is basically a bunch of Rocky horror peeps posting memes about cheese) and he started pouting about how he should be able to make nazi jokes wherever he wants, and how Nazis aren't really a threat to anyone because the left just CALLS everyone they don't like a Nazi, and then just withdrew and kept making his shit jokes elsewhere. I'm wondering if its worth fucking with this guy or just blocking him from my social media life. One of my friends is his ex, says that hes always like this and this is exactly why she holds him in disdain, but the energy and possible intergroup drama this might cause might not be worth the headache. Thoughts?

MAKE A FUCKER BOUNCE.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 15, 2019, 07:35:34 PM

I think you should apologize for infringing on his freedom of expression and ask him to rejoin the group; that you just had a bad hysterical moment and were being intolerant.  :fnord:

Ok, but seriously now, you're asking the discordian choir, its always good to harass nazis if theres no imminent danger from it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Chelagoras The Boulder

Fair enough. Who else wants a piece of this? i can only harass him so many hours of the day, plus i have a hunch he may have sockpuppets.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."