News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Quote from: Cain on September 06, 2019, 04:52:11 PM
The idea being the natural world is a wonderous beauty and treasure that must be secured for the white race against the ravages of Jewish capitalism, usually.

Fascists are weird like that.

Yeah, I had never heard of Savitri Devi.  Just a weird read.  Must reduce suffering in animals, but increase suffering in humans because they deserve it. Well not this flavor of human, they're ok.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Johnny

After all, Schopenhauer, Paris Hilton and Hitler all really loved their pets and all the animals of God's kingdom, but...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Magpie

Animals don't  get disgusted by the horrible things you say.

hooplala

Quote from: The Johnny on September 06, 2019, 09:03:39 AM

I'm 100% not superstitious, but there's some bad/tense energy going around since about 2 days ago

An acquaintance on FB said the exact same thing. Weird.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Magpie on September 06, 2019, 07:16:58 PM

Are you speaking from your personal experience? As a magpie, I mean

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2019, 12:19:10 AM

As someone that frequently feeds sparrows while discussing human eugenics in the backyard, can confirm, birds don't get disgusted by my personal views - not necessarily true regarding all other animals tho, needs further testing.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Magpie

Quote from: The Johnny on September 07, 2019, 01:35:21 PM

As someone that frequently feeds sparrows while discussing human eugenics in the backyard, can confirm, birds don't get disgusted by my personal views - not necessarily true regarding all other animals tho, needs further testing.

Food is food, besides, human eugenics won't affect your sparrows.

I read something years ago commenting on Nazis who would treat jews, Slavs etc so much worse than they would an animal, the idea was that even Nazis couldn't stop themselves from seeing their enemies as human and the brutality was to drown out their consciences. 

The Johnny

Quote from: Magpie on September 07, 2019, 01:55:41 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on September 07, 2019, 01:35:21 PM

Food is food, besides, human eugenics won't affect your sparrows.

I read something years ago commenting on Nazis who would treat jews, Slavs etc so much worse than they would an animal, the idea was that even Nazis couldn't stop themselves from seeing their enemies as human and the brutality was to drown out their consciences.

Well, id make several important distinctions:

-On a policy/ideological level, they were literally considered "sub-human", "vermin" or "a disease".

-On a conscious level, I'm sure there were extreme variances on perception... from your regular indifferent and burocreatic minded Hans that was "Just following orders bro" to the guys that believed and enjoyed it.

-Then there's the unconscious level, which we will never know... perceiving and treating fellow humans as mere objects is way more common than one would imagine... so were they dehumanizing them so they could treat them brutally? or did the brutality come from the perception that they were un-human?... and even these questions are flawed, because it would have to be answered on an individual basis.

-B.F. Skinner

chaotic neutral observer

I saw a few protesters near a major intersection, yesterday.  There were five or six of them, two wearing yellow vests.  The placards were poorly lettered*, but I managed to read:

"No United Nations"
"gas ... oil"
"No carbon tax"
"Stop Trudeau now"
"Thank you to our veterans"

I haven't been paying much attention to the whole yellow vest thing, but I guess it's safe to assume by default that anyone wearing such a vest is an asshole?

*Aside from multicolored lettering being childish, light yellow on white is bloody hard to read.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

It began not like that. Early on it was basically a union thing: stop treating us like shit and pay us a living wage kind of deal.

Then the xenophobes and morons tacked their shit on the end. Now it's garbage.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

If not having a functioning car didn't cramp my style so much, trying to figure out what's wrong with mine would be fun.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 08, 2019, 06:18:40 PM
I saw a few protesters near a major intersection, yesterday.  There were five or six of them, two wearing yellow vests.  The placards were poorly lettered*, but I managed to read:

"No United Nations"
"gas ... oil"
"No carbon tax"
"Stop Trudeau now"
"Thank you to our veterans"

I haven't been paying much attention to the whole yellow vest thing, but I guess it's safe to assume by default that anyone wearing such a vest is an asshole?

*Aside from multicolored lettering being childish, light yellow on white is bloody hard to read.

Outside of France, all yellowvests are trash. They're nu anons, more or less

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on September 08, 2019, 07:16:02 PM
It began not like that. Early on it was basically a union thing: stop treating us like shit and pay us a living wage kind of deal.

Then the xenophobes and morons tacked their shit on the end. Now it's garbage.
I was wondering if there might be some sort of identifying accoutrement or symbol for "the good guys", but then it occurred to me that if there was, it would get co-opted quickly.

I could wear a golden apple lapel pin, but everyone would just think I was a teacher.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Yeah, I can forgive the French protestors, they had some legitimate greivances and the far-right didn't make up the majority of the movement.

However, the UK and Canadian offshoots are trash. The British offshoot in particular can be traced to EDL and football hooligan elements, the same ones who were fighting the police in central London yesterday.

hooplala

Trudeau REALLY pisses off a certain segment of the Canadian population.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman