News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

oh update, i am also dating a lady! We met through Facebook and we've gone out twice so far. We have  a lot of the same nerd stuff in common, and shes really sweet and kind so i'm optimistic about things going forward. Her last relationship was a whole lotta bullshit tho, so we're taking it slow while she's working past that.

In career news i'm gonna be working at Dark Harbor this season. I'm gonna be playing The Bearded Lady and i'm pretty excited.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 25, 2019, 11:45:37 PM
oh update, i am also dating a lady! We met through Facebook and we've gone out twice so far. We have  a lot of the same nerd stuff in common, and shes really sweet and kind so i'm optimistic about things going forward. Her last relationship was a whole lotta bullshit tho, so we're taking it slow while she's working past that.

In career news i'm gonna be working at Dark Harbor this season. I'm gonna be playing The Bearded Lady and i'm pretty excited.

Sounds great!  Just remember that boundaries are pretty important here.  If you are held responsible for the last relationship, then it's already gone toxic and will end in a way that makes Doktors smile.

Not saying don't show consideration, just don't become a buttwipe for someone's rebound.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 26, 2019, 12:24:06 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 25, 2019, 11:45:37 PM

Sounds great!  Just remember that boundaries are pretty important here.  If you are held responsible for the last relationship, then it's already gone toxic and will end in a way that makes Doktors smile.

Not saying don't show consideration, just don't become a buttwipe for someone's rebound.
oh yea, thats totally a flag to watch out for, but so far she seems pretty invested in wanting to talk and hang out, she really only brings up the ex when shes explaining her anxieties, which I can relate to. Also, she's still talking to me after discovering i own a Kirby plushie, AND have started a Steven Universe fanfic. That's girlfriend material.

EDIT: also i mentioned up front that i'm polyamorous, and that WASN'T a deal breaker!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Fujikoma

Awesome, Chelagoros! Wishing you luck and happiness.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Fujikoma

Oh I got this, I totally got this, it's like fate bent down and whispered into my ear, "It's time.", which was fucking creepy, but I didn't question it. I've seen enough shit to know when the dice are loaded.

Doktor Howl

Tornados in Tucson.   :lulz:

Good thing climate change is a liberal myth.

Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: nullified on September 24, 2019, 09:49:54 PM
How IS it better? I know now that it is but not in what ways.

I'm not a foodie like LMNO, so it might be harder for me to say. I'm not sure how to put it but it held it's integrity a lot longer than I am used to. While cooking a bolognese sauce I could still make out a trace of olive oil when stirring. Like a vivid green. Both the color and the taste were much more vivid than I am used to.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

altered

That actually sounds worth the time. I'm not foodie either, but...

How do you tell the difference when looking out for it? When I get a place I'll probably try and get some and make a meal.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

It doesn't taste like rancid grease.

Trust me, after using the real stuff, the cheap alternatives will taste like that.

LMNO

hooplala

Quote from: nullified on September 27, 2019, 05:47:22 AM
That actually sounds worth the time. I'm not foodie either, but...

How do you tell the difference when looking out for it? When I get a place I'll probably try and get some and make a meal.

Really easy, actually. Just search for the seal in the image posted below. None of my local supermarkets carried anything with the seal, but Toronto has a large market with many vendors, I was able to locate 4 separate brands of olive oil there which carried the seal. A decent farmers market in your area should also carry a few.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on September 27, 2019, 12:59:40 PM
It's also way more expensive.

The ones I found weren't priced as bonkers as I expected, but close to $20 Canadian, so... YMMV.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Also, like wines, where the olives are from makes a difference.  Greek oils tend to be very peppery, ones from the Balkans tend to be very dark and viscous, etc etc.  Once you start going down that rabbit hole, it's hard to get out.

hooplala

Yeah, they mentioned that to us. Even within Italy, depending where it comes from affects the taste. The oil I have right now is from Sorrento, so I can really only comment on that.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman