News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

I first heard of discordianism a very long time ago. I had a friend, also ex-infantry, who'd run across a strange cult, and since I was all about weird shit he decided to tell me about it. They'd met someone who was handholding them through a difficult situation. It turned out, this person decided they didn't like me, with but a few details, said I was an "autistic channeller" and that I had no soul, that I was just reaching out and grabbing other souls at random and using them to portray a fiction of identity. Hmm, well, I only have my own self as a point of reference, so, if I project my own model of consciousness onto others, then they don't have a concrete identity either.

This has been a mystery to me for a while. I admit, I didn't know what a discordian was at the time, nor did I do any research, but I immediately claimed they were a sham. I was told, simply, "Maybe." up until the point where said discordian told my friend that their leader was a fat, stinky dude who lived in his mom's basement, at which point, he decided they were a sham, I admit I got a little curious, but I filed it away for later. It would be some time before I revisited that memory and discovered the true illuminati.

Fujikoma

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 21, 2019, 08:47:11 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on October 21, 2019, 08:42:22 PM
I see the world with new eyes, hear it with new ears, I've been hibernating for a very long time, and someone came along and breathed new life into that.

EDIT: This can only end in disaster. That said, I feel a stirring of everything I've denied myself during my quest for self-improvement, and now, it seems far less sinister.

New eyes and new ears only help you if you live in a world that does not look like shit and sound like bad farts.

Inside every person there is a better person trying to get out.  Find that better person and kick the mortal fuck out of him, because he's only going to cause problems.  There is no place in the world for better people.

Oh no, Roger. You don't understand, I'm all about nurturing my own inner beast, and this is what it wants. I am a bad mother. It will be a better beast. You're right, the world currently looks like shit, but I'm willing to wait and see if the humans learn from it this time. If they do, it will be a miracle, but also a huge benefit that keeps paying off.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 21, 2019, 08:58:18 PM
I see the world with new eyes, hear it with new ears, I've been hibernating for a very long time, and someone came along and breathed new life into that.

EDIT: This can only end in disaster. That said, I feel a stirring of everything I've denied myself during my quest for self-improvement, and now, it seems far less sinister.

New eyes and new ears only help you if you live in a world that does not look like shit and sound like bad farts.

Inside every person there is a better person trying to get out.  Find that better person and kick the mortal fuck out of him, because he's only going to cause problems.  There is no place in the world for better people.

Oh no, Roger. You don't understand, I'm all about nurturing my own inner beast, and this is what it wants. I am a bad mother. It will be a better beast. You're right, the world currently looks like shit, but I'm willing to wait and see if the humans learn from it this time. If they do, it will be a miracle, but also a huge benefit that keeps paying off.

Let me know how that works out.   :lol:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 21, 2019, 08:55:36 PM
I first heard of discordianism a very long time ago. I had a friend, also ex-infantry, who'd run across a strange cult, and since I was all about weird shit he decided to tell me about it. They'd met someone who was handholding them through a difficult situation. It turned out, this person decided they didn't like me, with but a few details, said I was an "autistic channeller" and that I had no soul, that I was just reaching out and grabbing other souls at random and using them to portray a fiction of identity. Hmm, well, I only have my own self as a point of reference, so, if I project my own model of consciousness onto others, then they don't have a concrete identity either.

This has been a mystery to me for a while. I admit, I didn't know what a discordian was at the time, nor did I do any research, but I immediately claimed they were a sham. I was told, simply, "Maybe." up until the point where said discordian told my friend that their leader was a fat, stinky dude who lived in his mom's basement, at which point, he decided they were a sham, I admit I got a little curious, but I filed it away for later. It would be some time before I revisited that memory and discovered the true illuminati.

All gurus are shams.  Every last one of them.  Especially when they think they are legit.

And this sorry sack of shit sounds like a preacher for "false memetic consciousness," which is a great philosophy for people who are afraid of being alive.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

Thanks for validating my soul, or lack thereof, it means a lot to me... with the way a lot of people have treated me it, kinda leaves a doubt, like, I see all these other people, and I feel like I'm missing something.

chaotic neutral observer

The Canadian Federal Election was yesterday.  The Liberals won a minority government.  I guess I'm okay with this.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

rong

New eyes and new ears only help you if you live in a world that does not look like shit and sound like bad fart

the map is not the territory
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 22, 2019, 01:42:39 PM
The Canadian Federal Election was yesterday.  The Liberals won a minority government.  I guess I'm okay with this.

Christ, at least you didn't get Scheer.

And now Trudeau has to play ball with the NDP, right?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 21, 2019, 10:52:10 PM
Thanks for validating my soul, or lack thereof, it means a lot to me... with the way a lot of people have treated me it, kinda leaves a doubt, like, I see all these other people, and I feel like I'm missing something.

Everyone is just like you.  Some can plaster a GRIN over it, is all.   :lol:
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2019, 08:06:14 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 22, 2019, 01:42:39 PM

Christ, at least you didn't get Scheer.

And now Trudeau has to play ball with the NDP, right?
Looks like it.  He's 13 seats short, and he won't be finding many friends among the Conservatives or the BQ.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Sup nerds?

If you're in the Boston area and you wanna check out some LOCAL ART and see YOURS TRULY acting like a respectable member of society come out to the Malden Arts Matter event tomorrow afternoon from 3-7. I'll be handing out not-exactly-Pope Cards from 5pm on

altered

I have some PTO, but I think I need to save it for the winter. So, tell whoever shows up to enjoy it enough to make up for me not being there!

In other news, I'm done making sprints to the trains. On the other hand, I'm getting no weekend next week. I'm looking forward to the FULL 8.75 HOURS of OT, surprisingly: emails, not phones! I also have a potential move to IT lined up, so let's see where it goes.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

I'm retired, if I'm to visit an event you have to let me know in advance because I'm legally incompetent to handle my own funds so I have to go through my payee for big purchases, like airplane travel. I hate to say I'm retired, I'm just, too unstable to do much of anything meaningful, unless you want chaos.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Anybody remember the "Discordian meme generator" I think it was called. It was a page that just spit out random quips. "A conclusion is just where you stopped thinking," etc.

I'm specifically looking for the thing about "if you believe there are elves living in the clouds, every time it rains it gets proven" only...worded well.

Anybody have a memory of that?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Fujikoma

chaos is my bag, I know, sounds like some penis gland bullshit, except it's not. I am educated in the ancient arts of strategy and wonder why most people fail to study it. This puppy-mill of employees is not working, it cannot create anything that can compete or relate to me. I wake up every day to this reality and despair, if only. Anyway, not here to start an actual freaking riot, and not here to start a cult, here to communicate with equals who've had their own experiences.