News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

I'm here to lead the new ones to the promised land, but I want my own kids, I need it, and, it seems like every step is a fire trap of pain and confusion, but, I'm used to it. Burn me, I won't stop anymore. I won't be stopped by every discouragement, I won't be stopped by every application of pain, I will not be stopped until the day I die. I'm done with being a tool.

Fujikoma

I refuse to be bound by any restraints, even those of the discordians, who I hold in high regard. You will not tell me what to do and I'm about to show you in some twenty some-odd years that I was right. I won't be told no anymore, no, get back, I'm about to fucking explode on the worst possible levels, with parasitic spores, you dig? It won't be pretty and I'm not in the mood for getting poked. I will show you a new world. If I suceed, we'll all be happy.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I'd be happy if I never again heard "you dig?" outside of a 70's movie.

Is this the world you propose? If so I'll sign on to that.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Fujikoma

No, "you dig" will be a staple expression, I fear our visualized worlds are incompatible.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 25, 2019, 02:54:51 AM
No, "you dig" will be a staple expression, I fear our visualized worlds are incompatible.

Unless you are Bootsy Collins, this is wrong.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on October 25, 2019, 02:02:23 AM
Anybody remember the "Discordian meme generator" I think it was called. It was a page that just spit out random quips. "A conclusion is just where you stopped thinking," etc.

I'm specifically looking for the thing about "if you believe there are elves living in the clouds, every time it rains it gets proven" only...worded well.

Anybody have a memory of that?

I don't remember anything, ever.  My brain doesn't work any more.

"If you were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, you'd see the proof of elves."
    -- https://www.principiadiscordia.com/memebombs/kwotes.pl?action=show&id=3951

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 25, 2019, 04:04:37 AM
Anybody remember the "Discordian meme generator" I think it was called. It was a page that just spit out random quips. "A conclusion is just where you stopped thinking," etc.

I'm specifically looking for the thing about "if you believe there are elves living in the clouds, every time it rains it gets proven" only...worded well.

I don't remember anything, ever.  My brain doesn't work any more.

"If you were taught that elves caused rain, every time it rained, you'd see the proof of elves."
    -- https://www.principiadiscordia.com/memebombs/kwotes.pl?action=show&id=3951

MEMEBOMBS!!! Thank you, thank you!
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on October 25, 2019, 02:29:43 AM
I'd be happy if I never again heard "you dig?" outside of a 70's movie.

The movie I'm thinking of is from 1966.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2w9X_tHU7k
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cramulus

you're looking for this

https://principiadiscordia.com/memebombs/kwotes.pl?action=show&id=3951

edit: whoops didn't see someone already answered!

Frontside Back

One point for that Jesus guy. From beyond the grave he managed to hypnotize a person to give me free food!
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Bruno

We had our sexual harassment training yesterday at work where they rolled out their new trans-friendly bathroom policy, much to the moans, groans and mumbles of "Obama" from a number of people.

I think it's actually because of California state laws, not federal laws, but hey, why would they pass up an opportunity to blame Obama for anything they don't like?
Formerly something else...

LMNO

That was a perfect time to stand up and shame them.  Hope you did.

Bruno

Quote from: LMNO on October 29, 2019, 06:52:16 PM
That was a perfect time to stand up and shame them.  Hope you did.

Actually, they were pretty quiet during the training, some grimaces, head shaking, and generally dour expressions, but they kept their mouths shut in front of the HR guy. the groaning and blaming Obama happened later out on the production floor.

I did tell them they should just get over it, and then there was mentions of God and what they teach their kids, and I was just like "Lol, whatever, dude."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on October 29, 2019, 06:43:48 PM
We had our sexual harassment training yesterday at work where they rolled out their new trans-friendly bathroom policy, much to the moans, groans and mumbles of "Obama" from a number of people.

I think it's actually because of California state laws, not federal laws, but hey, why would they pass up an opportunity to blame Obama for anything they don't like?

Has anyone told them that Obama has been gone for 3 years?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Bruno

Must have been some kind of time bomb he left behind. :argh!: