News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court

Started by Cain, October 02, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 07, 2019, 11:01:36 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QG!

What!

Our tentacle faced flyer-Queen is another eternity older! The stars have come right again!

I wish I could have swung by to say hi, QGP, I got stuck at work and the only thing this job is a nightmare about is attendance. Happy birthday!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: kiss my axe on November 07, 2019, 11:22:02 PM

Dok, fb jail again? What happened this time?

I made fun of a self-proclaimed Spokesperson for All LGBT Folks™.
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

I don't know about no sound. If you said "accordions being beaten with nightsticks" I'd admit you had a point, but no sound... no.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 08, 2019, 01:14:48 AM
I don't know about no sound. If you said "accordions being beaten with nightsticks" I'd admit you had a point, but no sound... no.

I have loaded it 5 times, and it has no sound.

Not sure what the problem is, but it may be related to all the angry Russians in my laptop.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 08, 2019, 01:26:14 AM

Not sure what the problem is, but it may be related to all the angry Russians in my laptop.

It worked for me.  Anyway, here's an alternate link to that song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534uNzGoR1s
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 08, 2019, 01:33:11 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 08, 2019, 01:26:14 AM

It worked for me.  Anyway, here's an alternate link to that song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534uNzGoR1s

Okay.  Either my laptop is broken or God is protecting me from this video.
Molon Lube

altered

Less Sex isn't even the best song on the album. No idea why it's the one that got the video. Satan in the Wait, Long Road, No Turns, Daughter and The Reason They Hate Me are all AT LEAST equally good. I think Satan in the Wait is better.

City Song and The Lords Song are acquired tastes, however, and Guest House is legitimately annoying trash.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

Not quite fair, because Daughters got /less/ edgy and this happened. But I get it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 07, 2019, 11:42:09 PM
Also, because I can't think of a better place to put it, todays soundtrack.

https://daughters.bandcamp.com/album/you-wont-get-what-you-want

That is like having Shinedown do a Tom Waits song.
Molon Lube

altered

The vocalist has been described as "drunk methhead Elvis", and I can definitely hear that. I think I like your take better.

It misses the fact that the guitar tone is alien nightmare shit though.

I listened to THIS while helping fix people's security systems today. I was MORE productive.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 08, 2019, 02:25:05 AM
The vocalist has been described as "drunk methhead Elvis", and I can definitely hear that. I think I like your take better.

It misses the fact that the guitar tone is alien nightmare shit though.

I listened to THIS while helping fix people's security systems today. I was MORE productive.

I listen to Sabaton and Exit Eden at work.  Because crash and boom.
Molon Lube

altered

I know Sabaton. I'll have to look up Exit Eden.