News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Here we go again.

Started by Doktor Howl, October 13, 2018, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

If Italy doesn't do it, Jacob Rees-Mogg will oblige:

QuoteA no-deal Brexit would send shockwaves through the global financial system and is one of the main risks to economic stability, the International Monetary Fund has said.

Echoing concerns from the Bank of England, the Washington-based organisation said the potential for millions of financial contracts between City banks and their counterparts across rest of Europe to collapse in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a deal was a major worry.

The warning puts further pressure on the European Research Group (ERG) of Conservative MPs to justify a no-deal Brexit over a compromise negotiated by the prime minister that includes an agreement on cross-border financial contracts.
Read more

Theresa May is seeking a settlement that at the very least would provide the legal framework for planes to fly across the channel, medicines to be imported from the continent and trillions of pounds worth of cross-border financial contracts to be maintained.

A no-deal scenario has the potential to undermine legal contracts and disrupt trade with the result that the UK would suffer a post-Brext recession, the Treasury has argued. The IMF said its central forecast remained that by the end of the year Brussels and London would agree a path towards a deal on trade in goods and services.

But it warned in a report for its annual meeting, which is staged this year in the Indonesian resort of Bali, that the failure to make progress not only had implications for the UK and eurozone economies but could also drag down the global economy.

Bruno

What the hell can you even do to prepare for this shit? I mean, I could sell my house (which is now worth more than it really should be, which is about twice what I paid for it less than 6 years ago) then wait for the collapse, and buy another one at a deep discount. But of course this is exactly the kind of behavior that causes crisis after crisis; taking advantage of the crisis/recovery loop, only at a much smaller scale than the rich assholes who keep driving the economy up into the ionosphere, then crashing it back down to the ground as hard as possible, and scooping up all the candy that comes out - candy made of mostly crushed dreams and human suffering.

But what can you do to survive but play their game?. Find some other sucker to take the hit for you, and then gather up as many crumbs of human suffering candy as your tiny arms can carry. You certainly can't survive by, you know CREATING VALUE. That's a sucker's game!
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 14, 2018, 04:40:10 AM
What the hell can you even do to prepare for this shit? I mean, I could sell my house (which is now worth more than it really should be, which is about twice what I paid for it less than 6 years ago) then wait for the collapse, and buy another one at a deep discount. But of course this is exactly the kind of behavior that causes crisis after crisis; taking advantage of the crisis/recovery loop, only at a much smaller scale than the rich assholes who keep driving the economy up into the ionosphere, then crashing it back down to the ground as hard as possible, and scooping up all the candy that comes out - candy made of mostly crushed dreams and human suffering.

But what can you do to survive but play their game?. Find some other sucker to take the hit for you, and then gather up as many crumbs of human suffering candy as your tiny arms can carry. You certainly can't survive by, you know CREATING VALUE. That's a sucker's game!

That loop is already happening, so...
Molon Lube

Bruno

Just so this isn't just straight up virtue signalling, I should add that I also have other less altruistic reasons for probably not selling my house.
Formerly something else...