News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

WTF Canada

Started by Doktor Howl, October 18, 2018, 04:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 18, 2018, 04:27:07 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-steve-king-endorses-neo-nazi-sympathizer-faith-goldy-gop-says-nothing/ar-BBOwzWU?ocid=spartanntp

I expect this from Rep King.  I don't expect it from Toronto.

Dude, Canada is going full potato. Faith Goldy, according to our media, is a "fringe" candidate with no chance of winning... except she has the tacit approval of our province's premiere, the esteemed less-interesting, and former hash dealer, Doug Ford.

The amalgamation was the worst thing to happen to Toronto since the raizing of Yorkville. "Actual" Toronto would never have stood for this bullshit, and polls prove that still true. But, Scarborough, Etobicoke, North York, on the other hand EAT THIS SHIT UP.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla! on October 18, 2018, 04:38:51 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-steve-king-endorses-neo-nazi-sympathizer-faith-goldy-gop-says-nothing/ar-BBOwzWU?ocid=spartanntp

Dude, Canada is going full potato. Faith Goldy, according to our media, is a "fringe" candidate with no chance of winning... except she has the tacit approval of our province's premiere, the esteemed less-interesting, and former hash dealer, Doug Ford.

The amalgamation was the worst thing to happen to Toronto since the raizing of Yorkville. "Actual" Toronto would never have stood for this bullshit, and polls prove that still true. But, Scarborough, Etobicoke, North York, on the other hand EAT THIS SHIT UP.

Scarborough was always bad.  Even back in the 70s.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 18, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Scarborough was always bad.  Even back in the 70s.

Absolutely. Etobicoke wasn't (and isn't) far behind. And Quebec has made a hard right turn. And Alberta was always Texas Light.

I'm going to have to start cracking skulls. Again.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

chaotic neutral observer

There was a picture in the paper of Faith Goldy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.  I can't rightly apprehend why a candidate for public office in Canada would think that wearing such a thing was anything other than a terrible idea.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

hooplala

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 20, 2018, 04:44:52 AM

There was a picture in the paper of Faith Goldy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.  I can't rightly apprehend why a candidate for public office in Canada would think that wearing such a thing was anything other than a terrible idea.

Because it's as good as a telegram to certain people.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

disco accordion

I was worried about Maxime Bernier's new party. Most of the people that I have heard talk about it, say that they are going to vote ppc.
After the recent byelections, it was nice to see that they didn't have impact much other than splitting the conservative vote.

hooplala

This next election is going to be very ugly. 

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Canada experiencing the weird sharp turn to the right same as everywhere else?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: Faust on March 04, 2019, 04:44:10 PM
Canada experiencing the weird sharp turn to the right same as everywhere else?

Absolutely. Ontario already voted for Trump, and now the entire country try looks posed to do the same.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman