News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 20119 Bubble Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, October 18, 2018, 05:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 18, 2018, 05:09:21 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/analyst-who-predicted-2008-crash-warns-of-bubble-brewing-in-household-wealth/ar-BBOxWlX?ocid=spartanntp

AVAST, YE LUBBERS!  WHITE PICKET FENCE AMERICA IS ABOUT TO GO BELLY UP!

I've battened down the hatches as best I can with my two 401Ks. Something, something... CAPITAL PRESERVATION FUND in one of them, and like, bonds, and commercial mortgages or something in the other one. Basically, the lowest risk options offered in each plan.

"Guns 'N Beans Futures" were, surprisingly enough, not to be found anywhere on the list for either plan.
Formerly something else...

Cramulus

Yo I want to buy a house in a few years, so this is good news, right?

if the answer is no

Yo I want to pay for sustinence by running 3-card monty in an alley, so this is good news, right?

Faust

In a crash house prices come down but the banks don't lend. Outside of a crash the prices are too high, I wouldn't pay much heed to that other than what is happening with the interest rate.

Things to consider:
If the Mortgage is less then your rent it tends to be a better option hands down.
Buy in a place that if the economy crashes you would be comfortable to stay if you were unable to sell.
Sleepless nights at the chateau