News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Ark Encounter

Started by Brother Mythos, July 13, 2016, 01:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

"Could a $10 sale mean no more taxes for Noah's Ark theme park?"

The bilking of gullible Kentucky taxpayers continues.

As per the article: "On June 29, Williamstown City Attorney Jeffrey Shipp sent a letter to the Biblical amusement park Ark Encounter, rejecting their request to be exempted from a new safety tax because they are a religious organization.

Shipp said it was clear that Ark Encounter is a for-profit entity, which is how it has been listed with the Secretary of State's office since 2011.

But the day before, Ark Encounter LLC sold its main parcel of land — the one with the life-size Noah's Ark — for $10 to their non-profit affiliate, Crosswater Canyon. Although the property is worth $48 million according to the Grant County Property Valuation Administrator, the deed says its value is only $18.5 million.

That's the latest salvo in an escalating argument between local officials and Ark Encounter, but some are worried Ark Encounter's maneuver is a precursor to declaring itself exempt from all taxes, including property taxes that help fund Grant County schools."

Here's the link: http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article161782438.html
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Brother Mythos

"Noah's Ark exhibit wants to take back the rainbow from gay people"

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLcpCN06zU

hooplala

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 25, 2017, 12:15:09 AM

"Noah's Ark exhibit wants to take back the rainbow from gay people"

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLcpCN06zU

Not working. It looks faaaaaabulous.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

I'm not going to lie - when I was younger I did wonder if Joseph was perhaps gay based on his amazing technicolour dreamcoat.

Bu🤠ns

That's a good idea--in fact, why not technicolor dreamcoat the entire bible?

QueenThera

Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 28, 2017, 05:48:31 PM
That's a good idea--in fact, why not technicolor dreamcoat the entire bible?
Jonathan/David OTP
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Brother Mythos

Attendance collapses at Creationist Ark museum after Kentucky taxpayers spent millions building theme park

But, our favorite religious theme park is still grimly hanging on.

As per the article:

"Despite receiving millions in tax-payer subsidies, attendance at the Ark Encounter museum in Kentucky continues to collapse as the Creationist theme park looks for new ways to keep from sinking.

According to a report from the Friendly Atheist, founder Ken Ham must report monthly attendance at his Biblical entertainment complex as part of an agreement with the town of Williamstown where they pay a "safety fee" for each ticket sold.

The entertainment and educational complex that features dinosaurs interacting with humans, saw attendance this past September drop to 69,207 paying visitors — a 17 percent drop from last year's same-month attendance of 83,330.

As Hemant Mehta notes, that follows a trend of a declining — and accelerating — drop in attendance from last years numbers."

Here's a link: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/attendance-collapses-creationist-ark-museum-kentucky-taxpayers-spent-millions-building-theme-park/

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 25, 2018, 04:14:27 AM
The entertainment and educational complex that features dinosaurs interacting with humans,
I had an interaction with a dinosaur the other day. It pooped on my car.  I do not think a depiction thereof would help with museum attendance.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 25, 2018, 05:06:27 AM
The entertainment and educational complex that features dinosaurs interacting with humans,
I had an interaction with a dinosaur the other day. It pooped on my car.  I do not think a depiction thereof would help with museum attendance.

Did you save that poop?

Dinosaur Dung Worth Big Bucks At Auction

As per the article:

"A pile of dinosaur dung 130 million years old sold at a New York auction for nearly $1,000.

The prehistoric deposit fetched $960 at Wednesday's auction, said a spokeswoman for Bonhams New York. Its pre-auction estimate was $450."

Here's an old link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dinosaur-dung-worth-big-bucks-at-auction/

If people are willing to pay that much for dinosaur poop that's so old it turned to rock, just think what they'd be willing to pay for some fresh stuff.

Brother Mythos

The creator of our favorite religious theme park has made the news feeds once again.

Noah's Ark Creationist Ken Ham Wants You To Warn Kids About Hell On Halloween

As per the article:

'Ken Ham, the creationist behind a Noah's Ark attraction in Kentucky, is calling on followers to warn children about an "eternity in hell" on Halloween.

"I want to encourage believers again this year to use this day as an opportunity to share the gospel with kids and their families," Ham said on his blog as he hawked $17.99 "learn and share" kits. The kits include pamphlets and "dino" dollars to distribute to trick-or-treaters instead of candy.'

Here's a link: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ken-ham-halloween-hell_us_5bd14a66e4b0d38b587fbe0b

So, "dino" dollars ... I have to believe Discordians can get in on this "religious currency" thing too. "Eris drachma," maybe? Although, "Discordian Dollars" does have a certain ring to it.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 26, 2018, 02:08:04 AM

Did you save that poop?

As per the article:

"A pile of dinosaur dung 130 million years old sold at a New York auction for nearly $1,000.

The prehistoric deposit fetched $960 at Wednesday's auction, said a spokeswoman for Bonhams New York. Its pre-auction estimate was $450."

Here's an old link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dinosaur-dung-worth-big-bucks-at-auction/

If people are willing to pay that much for dinosaur poop that's so old it turned to rock, just think what they'd be willing to pay for some fresh stuff.

I didn't save it, but there's a great place underneath the overpass where I can get more.  I'm gonna make a billion selling this stuff on eBay.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 28, 2018, 02:22:20 AM
So, "dino" dollars ... I have to believe Discordians can get in on this "religious currency" thing too. "Eris drachma," maybe? Although, "Discordian Dollars" does have a certain ring to it.

Chaos-coin?  We could make it a cryptic-currency.  The coins would change value randomly after every transaction.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 28, 2018, 11:10:05 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 26, 2018, 02:08:04 AM

Did you save that poop?

As per the article:

I didn't save it, but there's a great place underneath the overpass where I can get more.  I'm gonna make a billion selling this stuff on eBay.

You're welcome!

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 28, 2018, 11:11:59 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on October 28, 2018, 02:22:20 AM

Chaos-coin?  We could make it a cryptic-currency.  The coins would change value randomly after every transaction.

So, Chaos-cryptic-currency. I think Goddess Eris would approve.