News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Expanding Universe? Redshift Redemption

Started by OS Not Found, November 10, 2018, 03:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

This has now reached Babylon Horuv levels.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

What, did the black hole explode and throw our galactic comfort zone into question?

Fujikoma

This, is highly unlikely, space is time, yes? Infinitely dense space slows to a crawl. You'd likely die of old age long before your bones get spaghettified from actually getting close enough, to such a dense object. Maybe I missed the "this is not how black holes work" class.

OS Not Found

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 12, 2019, 02:27:35 AM
What is, a black hole's closest relative? A neutron star? These come in many forms, magnetars, pulsars, etc. Magnetars can be some of the brightest objects in the sky, just by virtue of their field, this is something far denser. It's so dense it makes ME jealous.

For now, singularity defined black holes, white dwarfs, and neutron stars are children of overly-sufficient negentropic gravitational collapse. May change if their social bond isn't strong enough for closest relative status once they learn overly-sufficient negentropic gravitational collapse isn't the real dad to all of them.
Natural law demands spaghetti to be eaten raw.

Fujikoma

Heat death of the universe... that's, not appealing at all.

Fujikoma

Wait, how are white dwarfs any kind of singularity? Is this question racist?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: OS Not Found on April 12, 2019, 03:14:55 AM
Quote from: Fujikoma on April 12, 2019, 02:27:35 AM
What is, a black hole's closest relative? A neutron star? These come in many forms, magnetars, pulsars, etc. Magnetars can be some of the brightest objects in the sky, just by virtue of their field, this is something far denser. It's so dense it makes ME jealous.

For now, singularity defined black holes, white dwarfs, and neutron stars are children of overly-sufficient negentropic gravitational collapse. May change if their social bond isn't strong enough for closest relative status once they learn overly-sufficient negentropic gravitational collapse isn't the real dad to all of them.

The Big Rip would make all of those things more interesting than anyone really wanted.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 12, 2019, 03:18:24 AM

You know what?  I'm bailing on this one, too.  JFC.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 12, 2019, 03:19:04 AM

You know what?  I'm bailing on this one, too.  JFC.
Nooo, don't, shutting up. What does JFC mean?

OS Not Found

White dwarf is akin to a neutron star that doesn't have enough numbers to sustain a sign flipping somersault, so it falls back the way it came before trying again. If white dwarf not being strong enough to sustain a sign flip estranges it, I can't say I'm optimistic for the future of these phenomena as siblings.
Natural law demands spaghetti to be eaten raw.

Fujikoma

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fujikoma

How is this, white dwarf/neutron star a singularity in space time sense?

Fujikoma

A focus group will be in here in ten minutes, I expect you'll have answers for them.

altered

Quote from: The Johnny on April 12, 2019, 03:31:04 AM

Oh, oh, I got this!

With thanks to LMNO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.