Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Stan Lee dead at 95

Started by Doktor Howl, November 12, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

I had been expecting it, but it was still a punch to the gut.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

He was a good age, and over the last decade he has seen his characters dominating modern culture and the screen, even enjoying his own pop celeb status because of it. Feels like he went out on a high note.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Ziegejunge

Bittersweet for sure. Hurt more than I expected it to, despite knowing The Man wasn't gonna live forever. RIP Stan.

Pergamos

I'm glad he kept his mind till the end, and enough of his health that he was able to do what he did.  I am not personally that crazy about his artistic vision, but I admire that he was able to spread it as widely as he did.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on November 13, 2018, 06:01:56 PM
I'm glad he kept his mind till the end, and enough of his health that he was able to do what he did.  I am not personally that crazy about his artistic vision, but I admire that he was able to spread it as widely as he did.

I wasn't all that wild about his fanatical obsession with canon, but it was actually an integral part of the business plan.  He didn't want Spiderman fans or Thor fans or X Men fans, he wanted Marvel fans, so things had to be consistent and you had to buy several comics a month to keep up with the story.

He's the only reason comics are mainstream, really, and he's the reason Marvel is the go-to name in the industry.
Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

one of the Facebook Disco Groups named him a saint, and i'm like, honestly? Fair.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."